Kabanata 2

Mission Failed?

Agents are those who surpass a required accomplishment once they were a rookie. While rookie is the one aiming to become an agent just like how the agents wished to become before becoming an agent. They work hard and train hard to be able to finish and master a training, and to win the sparring every time to proceed.

Being a rookie is hard. They experience a lot of challenges and hardships. From what Carl told me, a lot already quit a long time ago and half stayed, those rookies who stayed is the same rookies as of now.

No one proceeded and became an official agent of the organization. It's either they sucked at their trainings, sparring, and mission tasked to them, or that they are just unlucky bunch of people.

As from what Carl also told me while running his mouth unstoppable every time he's got nothing to do and just boring, he told me a lot of times about those interesting rookies; top rookies and that Ace he has so much to talk about but would always stop midway so I didn't get really what's that amusing to that Ace.

It's like those either sucked or unlucky rookies still chose not to give up and become an agent. Such trust to themselves and the organization, huh?

In my case, I can't have a personal coach or training with professionals or just anybody. Even a buddy to spar with. No special treatment just like those rookies and agents that are related to an Executives.

I do my training, stunts and moves by thinking alone. By watching a lot of movies, reading books and working out, I got contented with my overall strength's limit.

Miss Venusia was kind enough to provide me a training room with full workout equipment and firearms, it was more than enough for me.

Ikinabit ko ang boxing gloves at tumalon-talon, nag-uunat at naghahanda para sa workout at training na rin sa sarili. Ikinabit ko na rin ang eaephone sa tainga at may musikang naririnig.

I inhaled softly and exhaled loudly. I started with a slight punch of the punching bag. It was hard as rock and one wrong punch, I might get my whole arm dislocated, or might injured my wrist up to my hands and fingers. My fists are tightly closed to prevent harm on myself.

I punched faster than a while ago, this time, with a different direction of punching, and dodging or blocking it every time it will go back to its proper place. I sighed heavily as I punch unstoppable to the punching bag.

Mabigat ito dahil ilang kilo ang katumbas na buhangin na laman nito. If I compare myself to this punching bag, this one's more heavy than me obviously, and for my age that didn't seem right with my height, if I am a normal person to punch, might as well be ready for a treatment.

I'm just so thankful that before coming here, Ate Bria loves martial arts and we would spend our night sparring and she thought me unusual fighting moves. I didn't care at all but with Ate Bria teaching me before, as I look up to her, I followed and listened. It feels like a decades had passed, before, I always see her doing this— punching. She would hang her pillow as an alternative for a punching bag. She looks kinda crazy being serious with those, but I guess I applied it well for this line of work.

I was preoccupied for a while thinking about that. Lumihis sa kamao ko ang punching bag dahil nawala ang lakas ng suntok. Napaatras ako at inilagan ang impact ng paglihis no'n sa kaliwang bahagi ko. Sa irita ay sinuntok ko pa 'yon ngunit napalakas nang sobra at bumalik papunta sa akin. Tumama 'yon sa pisngi ko kahit nakailag naman na.