Kabanata 21

Insult

She was the first one to counter my attacks that time, without back up and cheating. Unlike others who attacked me all together. I was quite impressed that she did that with her clumsiness.

She really tried hard that day to stop me, but I was lost and ruin that I felt no shame to beat her up to my heart's content. It even made me happy, when she begged me and even with broken ribs, she was stopping me by holding my shoes.

That memories of her never left me wondering if how is she now. If she gave up or strive to become a better version of herself.

After hearing her name for about consecutive days, I remembered how Carl would always talk about a rookie who got suspended and later on, I took her mission. It was her. But I didn't expect that it was that same girl from before, only after seeing her face.

Malaki ang pagbabago mula sa noon na malikot ang galaw, halatang-halata ang susunod na gagawin, at sa katotohanan ay mahina. Ngayon ay postura pa lang ay alam kong may kakayahan na siya.

Na. . . kaya niya na ako. 

Too bad that Ace interrupted and even saved her. It was clear that Jinnie can handle it herself. I saw her eyes turned to me a for a second while she was talking to Ace. She saw me coming but pretended.

"See how ungrateful that pet?"

I just thought that she was a bit of an angel. Maganda at mukhang mahinhin pa naman. Also, I've never heard her talk ill of me while fighting. I was wrong on that part, she's just like everyone here.

Of course, after what I did. Imposibleng nalimutan niya ako at napatawad niya ang nangyari noon.

Lumapat ang palad ni Ace sa pagitan ng collarbone ko. Ilang beses akong napahakbang hanggang sa lumapat ang likod ko sa pader.

Mahigpit ang hawak ko sa dagger. Sa pamamagitan no'n ay pinipigilan ang pagtaas ng dugo ko at ang lumulukob na sama ng loob.

This is exhausting me.

"What the hell are you trying to do?" He breathingly asked.

"Ah, she's the reason why we're compromised." I mocked.

Ipagtanggol mo ang kaibigan mo, Ace. I don't care. It's not as if I am expecting you to be with me until I accomplish my mission. Mabuti nang dahil sa mga ganitong bagay ay lumayo na ang loob natin sa isa't-isa. Nang hindi mo na ako muling lapitan oras na makaalis ako rito.

Though, kasalanan ko kung bakit nandito kami sa sitwasyong 'to.

"Fonso got hurt because of her." I continued.

"Stop it, Wing." He almost ordered me with that tone.

"Why did you bring me here? You should've let them take me." Balik ko ng usapan sa amin.

Inalis niya ang palad at umatras. Nanatili akong nakasandal. Why do I even have to deal with this? Can't I just leave now and find Miss Venusia? Pinapatagal lang nila ang oras ko.

"Or better hide that old hag before I come and kill her."

Kumunot ang noo niya. "You're not going anywhere."