Kabanata 11

Bait

Tinapik niya ang balikat ko. Magaan yata ang katawan ko ngayon dahil nasaktan ako sa pagtapik niyang 'yon. At muntik pa akong mawalan ng balanse.

Tumayo ako tumalikod sa direksyon niya para i-check ang leeg kong hiniwaan niya. Para saan ang paglabas niya sa dagger at paghiwa sa akin? Para patunayan ba na siya ang Ace? O patunayan sa akin na malakas siya. Tipong isang maling salita ko lang o galaw, walang awa niya akong papatayin. Nagkamali ba ako sa sinabi ko kaya ginanto niya ang leeg ko?

Was that a threat?

Next time, would he kill me?

My thoughts literally stopped functioning and the only thoughts left on my brain was that certain memory of the past—  me and Ate Bria being hunted and planned to kill. That was the memory stuck in my head. Nawala nga lang nang natanto ang mangyayari sa akin kung magpapadala ako sa nakaraan.

I would never make myself an embarrassment in front of this ugly arrogant guy.

Tonight was enough of an embarrassment.

"Did I fight you before? When I went berserk?"

It made me curious for a while. I can't remember seeing him before. If I saw him already before, I would never forget to curse a face like that. Ugly. And his very existence really irritated and irks me, it was hard to forget that.

Humarap ako sa kanya. Nakapamulsa na siya at may ngisi sa labi.

"No. How I wish I fought you before. You won't be here if I had."

"Too bad. Luck was always on my side. Even now. That I won't forget that ugly face of yours. That attitude of yours. And especially, how you toyed with me is unforgivable. I hope you know that. Don't you know? Everyone wants me dead on the organization, because I'm strong. Stronger than you,"

"Huh? Want to test it out here?" He positioned into a fighting position. Looks like unlike every other past few days that I challenged him to fight me, but would always choose not to, he's now ready to try take me down.

And that made my spirit alive.

I have so many things to think about but this one surely will make me lessen the thoughts of it. Since, he was one of the people I cursed and wanted to punch to hell for ruining my last two mission before my own mission.

I trained like hell everyday. I would always spar with Carl if he's available. Sometimes, even if he was not allowed to teach me some techniques, I would scare and force him to do so. In exchange of that was enduring his irritating attitude, too.

But I Iearned a lot. And enjoyed the process of learning more than what I already saw and acquired from watching Ate Bria back when she was alive.

So I wonder what he's been through to be called the Ace, and to be positioned for something big title from the organization.

Maganda at maayos ang lugar niya. Ilang galaw at palitan lang namin ng suntukan ay nabasag ang ilang gamit. Nausog ang couch at may ilang gamit ang nasa sahig na.

He tried to do an axe kick midair after running and making himself higher than me. I sensed that move and immediately positioned myself to guard my face with my two arms. His foot landed on my guard. I was forcefully stepped backward when he kicked my stomach. It was thanks to luck that I dodged it.

I tried to take offensive. By jabbing him then sudden attack of left high kick. He dodged it with his back hand but it still hit his face.

I smirked and tried again. It landed now on his cheek because I did a faint move. He groaned and tried to attack me.