Kabanata 6

Unexpected But Expected Friend

That cruel beating that she experienced that day was surely an enough reason she's been absent for one week already. No one knows why she's still absent until now and no one was enough curious to know why. My classmates are even happy that the crazy classmate of us are absent, since they felt like one glare from her would make them kneel down from fear.

Because they really think that she's some kind of crazy inhuman monster to be feared. Well, must be because they easily believes and follows some rumors and someone's perception.

I couldn't care more about that so I dropped the thoughts about it. Besides, there's something that's more bothering me today. We have a new classmate and it's that girl that Mildred I heard  mentioned, her sub.

She didn't introduce yet herself but based on my classmates' happy and cheerful call on her makes it obvious that everyone knows her. Except me.

Our eyes locked. I didn't turn away to avoid her look. She was the one who turned away before looking at me again, this time with her smile.

"Upuan ko 'to. Nawala lang ako sandali, may iba na kayong pinaupo? Alvin? Burgos?" Her smug face scared the two men. Alvin looked awkward by controlling his scared face to be visible, but failed. While on my other side, Burgos is sweating heavily.

"Sh-Shaina? Akala ko sa kabilang section ka na?"

"Pwede ko bang iwanan ang dalawa kong kaibigan, huh?" Sabay pingot niya sa kanang tainga ng mga 'to.

Hindi ko alam kung ano bang gagawin ko. Should I be awkward that she's in front of me while I am sitting on her chair. Or should I pretend that I am not hearing them argue about me being here on her chair.

Nagtawanan sila kalaunan pero ramdam ko ang ilang sa dalawang lalaki. Kinalabit pa ako ni Alvin at tila nangangamba kung paano ako papaalisin. Alam ko na, kalabit niya pa lang ay alam ko nang papaalisin niya ako sa upuan na 'to dahil pwesto ito nitong Shaina.

Pero paano ako tatayo kung nakaharang siya sa tatayuan ko?

I looked at her. She's looking at me. Gone with her smug face a while ago. She has this villainous smirk and weird look. So. . . she has the tattoo on her neck.

I faked a smile to her.

Tumaas ang kilay niya.

"Sorry po. Hindi ko alam na may nagmamay-ari pala ng upuan na 'to. Silang dalawa po ang nagyaya na paupuin ako rito." Nakangiti kong paumanhin at tinuro ang dalawang lalaki sa tabi ko.

Muli siyang tumingin sa dalawang lalaking tinuro ko at sinamaan ng tingin ang dalawa. Nag-iwas ako ng tingin bago pa niya makitang nakita ko ang pagsama ng tingin niya sa dalawa.

"Oh, okay lang. Pero kasi, sila ang gusto kong katabi. Kaya kung okay lang?" Itinuro niya ang kinauupuan ko at umatras. Sakto para makatayo ako at lumayas sa upuan niya.

I nodded and smiled fake. "Yeah, sure." Tumayo ako at may pagkamataray na ngumiti siya sa akin bago umupo sa upuan niya. I looked away and rolled my eyes. This is kind of irritating, huh. I just want to punch her but I can't.

Sakto lang ang upuan sa amin. Kung sana ay pinaghandaan ang pagdating nitong bagong kaklase namin ay dapat may isang upuan na idinagdag. Ngayon, ako pa ang mawawalan ng upuan dahil inagawa niya ang upuan ko dahil sa kanya raw ito.