Kabanata 20

Compromised

We're fucked.

I answered the phone. The moment I heard a girl, crying and asking Ace to help her and come over, I had already envisioned that it was something related to us. Ace and me being together for a mission.

I was not wrong. Because when Ace looked seriously curious about the girl on the line, he asked her immediately to tell him what happened.

That when the girl spilled that she found out that Fonso is helping Ace for its mission, and that during their fight about it, an agent heard and spilled it to the Executives.

Making Fonso summoned to be punished, until he submits and spill all of the information he knows about Ace, and of course, about me.

"Where are you, Jinnie?" Ace is bothered. Paikot-ikot siya sa harapan ko at hilot-hilot ang kanyang ilong, nakapikit din.

I remained calm. Ayaw kong magmadali at makialam hanggat hindi ko pa alam ang kabuuan.

But wait, the name sounds familiar.

I think I heard the name more often before, somewhere else. I just can't figure out when did I hear about it and for what reason.

"Calm down, Jinnie. Fonso will be alright, don't worry. Now, tell me where are you exactly? With your Mom?"

The sob on the line loudens. Kumunot na ang noo ko sa sobrang kaiiyak niya. Ang tagal niyang sagutin ang mga tanong ni Ace. Hindi ba't nagmamadali dapat?

"Stay away from your Mom. You know my passcode, right?" Nagkatinginan kami ni Ace matapos niyang itanong 'yon. He then nodded as if that girl on the line sees her.

"It's too late. I'm inside the bathroom making this call. I'll hang up now, I'm being monitored. Come over, please. Fonso was badly beaten up, and. . . and I heard my Mom talking about capturing that. . . basement pet."

Tumaas ang kilay ko sa pagtawag niya sa bansag sa akin. Kahit si Ace ay takang-taka. Hindi na nakapagtanong pa dahil naputol ang linya. Kasabay ay ang malalakas na kalabog sa pintuan ng unit niya.

Napalayo kami sa isa't-isa at nagkasundo sa gagawin. Kung nabuking kami, hindi mananahimik ang mga Executives at ang agent nito na hulihin ako.

I've been a threat to them ever since and hearing that I am alive and lingering to their 'Ace' , must have made them more eager to find me and interrogate me for all their curiosity and revenge.

I knew this one coming, but I had forgotten for a while after being with Ace and being occupied to our mission.

Now I have to face the reality of what all of my decisions entailed.

"You're safe, Sir. The Executives only want to capture this woman."

Sa dami nila ay wala kaming nagawa. They all have gun and they're not scared to make a mess on this whole building just to capture me. Kung gano'n ay maraming madadamay at mas lalo pang lalala.

Ace didn't look scared at all kahit na nahuli siya ng Captain ng grupo. He's staying still beside the Captain, without any hits and restriction. While I struggled when they forcefully cuffed me and even kicked the back of my knee to make me kneel in front of them.