Kabanata 18

Intel

True enough to his words, he really showed me a footages and another evidences that proves that Mildred's brother is safe now.

"Your 'Ace' card is something." I seriously praised him without looking at him. I was really into the screen which has a slideshows of pictures and the footages of the stalkers. It also showed here her brother's whereabouts, starting from two weeks ago up to now.

He was really took as hostage and then tossed somewhere after that. Then days later he would be suddenly attacked by the total of five men that either Senior's hired men or his international member.

Since Carl discussed that they're almost the same to our organization. It's not impossible that they have international connection. Or members.

"Have you double checked this?"

"What?"

"I mean, do you trust that person who gathered these? He's a friend? Do you have something on him?" I was just making sure.

He smirked. Shrugged his shoulders and closed his laptop. Hindi pa ako tapos tingnan 'yon!

"He'll be here later on. Ask him yourself."

I remembered our conversation from that night.

"Is it an agent, or a rookie from the organization?"

"His name is Fonso. A rookie." Ah, lalaki.

Tumango ako. "Then, is it okay for him to see me? He might be involved and accused with us if something went wrong. Or he might betray you if that happens. Are you sure about this?"

"To gain something, you must sacrifice something, right? Then let's try it one more time. He will be our Intel— an ally. In exchange of the risk of getting caught by the organization."

I swallowed the lump forming on my throat. Oh, he said that cool. This will be fine, then. Besides, I will believe in his 'Ace' card. That will give us some advantage.

It's been two days since we were both absent from the class. So far, Mildred was absent, too. Based on Ace. He at least checked the status of Mildred, and the members of the organization through that Fonso.

Mildred was just in her apartment and locked up. While Shaina's not gone somewhere except the school premises, cafés, someone's house, and to the impounding site. As well as Alvin and Burgos, whose always following her except when she's going to someone's house. While Senior, Ace was working to know his whereabouts through his Intel, which is that Fonso.

But so far, Ace and Fonso know that there's no other activity in the headquarters. Walang initiation at iba pang pagtitipon ng mga miyembro.

It was more bothering for me. Hindi ako mapalagay na gano'n. Hindi ko alam kung nahihibang na ba ako para mag-expect na may initiation muli at may masaktan pero gano'n talaga ang mararamdaman ko. May mali. . . na para bang nag-lie low sila mula sa kung sino o saan.

But I don't want to bother Ace with my unsure and no basis assumptions. But soon, that will be figured out. I'll make sure of that.

There are more things that we need to take our utmost attention. First on hand, let's meet that Fonso, an ally as he is calling him.