Kabanata 9

You Again?!

Saturday, 7PM, party will be held.

That was the information I take down notes. I heard that from Shaina when I secretly followed her and heard her conversation with the frat member. Yesterday was Friday and when it was already dismissal time, I followed her home. I discovered that she lives pretty far from our school. I even have to take taxi and disguise myself a bit as I entered a stranger's taxi and told him to follow the taxi Shaina hopped in.

Now, I have her location.

Saturday, sunrise was not yet up when I prepared everything and wore my usual outfit when I have my mission. The motorcycle I own and used as for my mission comes in handy now. I went to her house, from enough distance I waited for her. And hours of waiting, as expected, she came out and looks like she's going somewhere already.

She hopped in a taxi. I followed her. It was a one hour ride and the taxi dropped her in front of a billiard club. I parked my motorcycle somewhere safe and followed her inside. The billiard club, from the interior and the treatment the staff, this is an exclusive and expensive club.

Mabuti nalang at naka-disguise ako ngayon, not as a student, but something that can give them an impression that I am not in a student level. True enough, they gave me a pass and told me that I need to. . . pay for the entrance! They asked if I have the membership card and I said no. I told them that I have a friend here that I want to see— which was obviously a lie, but they said that I can go without worries if I pay for at least the entrance, just like the others.

Here I go again with my money problem that I have to have solution as early as possible! I'm running out of money! Maybe tomorrow, I'll go broke!

I paid my last thousands and everything's left for me was my fifty peso bill. I set that aside and go on with my mission to follow Shaina. There were a lot of people when I entered the main hall. I saw her seated on the couch with guys around her and talking to them. I mixed in with the people until I reach near them.

"You'll go?"

"Senior wants me to go! Ayaw ko nga dapat pero sabi niya pumunta raw ako dahil may sasabihin siyang importante! I have so much on my plate pa naman!"

"Kunwari ka pa, gusto mo naman!" Asar sa kanya.

May lumapit at inabutan ako ng alak. Tinanggap ko 'yon at nginitian ang nagbigay na waiter. He winked at me. Tiningnan ko ang basong hawak. Something's mixed with drink. Inikot-ikot ko lang 'yon at pinaglalaruan sa kamay habang nakikinig sa usapan sa likuran ko.

Kunwari ay nanonood ako sa mga nagbibilyar sa harapan ko.

"Well, of course. He's Senior and he deserves my respect. Besides, I think I'll be enjoying the party. Hindi ko kasama si Alvin at Burgos, though."

"Saan sila?"

"Rest day. May aasikasuhin sila individually kaya pinagbigyan ko na. Sabi ni Senior sama ko raw sila, pero pinakiusapan ko kaya okay na raw."

"Lakas mo talaga kay Senior, 'no?!"

Ilang oras akong paikot-ikot roon habang pinapakinggan sila. Sa kabutihang palad, nilalapit-lapitan ako ng ilang naglalaro at ginagawa ko 'yong pagkakataon upang magkunwaring sila ang kasama ko rito.