Kabanata 16

Overload

Hindi siya umuwi. Ang nasa isip ko ay baka napahamak siya. Pero nakita siya ni Mildred kagabi. Nakikipaghalikan kay Shaina. Hindi ba't initiation kagabi? Anong nangyari?

"I was told that they were having new members. I was told to come and watch. But then, I saw your boyfriend there. I know he knew me because it was just weeks when he treated my bruises. I tried to talk with him there, but he played dumb acting like he doesn't know me."

"A-Alam kong naroon siya. He was invited to join the frat, that's why he's there. I allowed him. Anong sinasabi mong halikan?"

It sucks. That I need to act like a worried and curious girlfriend.

Para pa siyang may ayaw sabihin kaya bahagya akong ngumiti ng peke. "It's okay, you can tell me."

"Shaina managed to exempt him from the physical test. Senior agreed. Then, while the initiation was ongoing, Shaina and your. . . boyfriend left. I followed them and I saw Shaina grabbed your, uhm, boyfriend."

There was a genuine comfortability happened inside me after hearing that. So, Shaina was the one who approached my oh-so-called boyfriend, and she was the one who started the kissing.

"So, what did Ace do?" I was really curious this time.

"Are you sure you're okay with me telling you about this? Pwede kayong mag-usap ng boyfriend mo tungkol dito." Nakangiwi siya.

"I'm fine. I know Shaina likes my boyfriend. She's flirting with her the first tine she saw him. But don't worry, he won't cheat on me." I have this confident smile. He won't. For sure. Besides, the plan succeed. Ang mahalaga ay ang nakapasok siya sa fraternity. We're at least one step equal.

"B-But, isn't that cheating already? He kissed him back, and they were like. . . kissing for so long."

"Really?" Nawala ang ngiti ko. Probably they kissed for so long because he enjoyed it for a while?

"Y-Yeah. B-But this won't change your decision, right? You'll help me with my brother?" She's making sure.

Inalis ko muna ang isipin patungkol sa halik. Inabala ko na alamin mula kay Mildred ang tungkol sa kapatid niya at ang sa frat.

And it was like a bliss. Ang bilis ng pangyayari na hindi ako makapaniwala habang naglalakad na ako pauwi. Hindi ako makapaniwala na sa isang iglap ay binigyan niya ako ng maraming impormasyon na malaking tulong sa amin ni Ace!

How it started for Mildred?

Why was she bullied?

Why Shaina was involved with the frat when she's a woman?

And if Mildred's part of the frat, too?

I got all the answer of those! It feels like in one snap of my finger, I was overloaded with an information. I was so sure that Mildred won't be lying to me. I promised her the safety of her brother, in exchange of telling me the questions that's been making me 'curious' and 'bothering' me.

Hindi ko alam paano ko gagawing katotohanan ang ipinangako. Pero alam kong magagawan naman 'yon ni Ace ng paraan at solusyon. He's the Ace. He can pull some strings.