Kabanata 25

Rumor

Two days before the mission and we're already briefed properly. It was pure hell. We would be alarmed to wake up early, prepare like in some kind of military training, same phase every morning and we're off to eat equal portion of breakfast. A ten minutes break and we're off to the office to discuss the mission thoroughly, polishing the rules and things we are allowed and not to do, and breaking down the roles and position of each of us.

I was positioned, together with Esver on the frontline. Others are look out, five members are skilled sniper, an engineer, and some are expert on other things. If to compare, I am nothing but a girl who's here because of luck and some sort of curse bestowed by whoever wants me to suffer.

The client has its own security to be brought here. It was a direct order from his father. So basically, Esver and I are just an extra bodyguards on the frontline.

Though, I am already informed that I'll be more often to be inside her room since I'm a woman and I have the access to her little privacy that I must access. Pretty hard, huh? I smirked. The thought of being back on mission gave me a hope and excitement.

It's pretty new for me since originally, I am used to work alone and without back up help at all. If I fail, it's either Carl save me because I'm bound to not die yet, or times that maybe they'll just let go of me and let me die. Gratefully, I didn't need and wanted anyone's help whenever I'm out for mission. That way I have more freedom to move on my own.

Evening is sort of bearable because all the meetings, drills, and orders ends by nine in the evening. Kung dapat ay patulog na kami matapos ma-dismiss sa opisina. Matapos ang roll call ni Sir Barmani ay bigla namang nagyaya ang dalawang lalaki ng friendly match sa gym.

I was not interested but before I could step one more to reach the elevator when Esver pulled me and run.

"Let me go, Esver!" Sita ko.

Medyo pagod ako mula kahapon na nagsimula kami sa pagsasaayos ng daloy ng misyon. Wala ako sa mood na pakisamahan ang mga biro niya o kung ano pa man.

"It's just today! Come with us, Wing! It'll be fun!" One of the members tried to cheer me up when she saw me hitting Esver to let me go. I can flip the hell out of this guy but I don't want to hurt any of my members. Baka hindi pa ako nasasabak sa misyon ay magkaproblema na ako sa miyembro.

He automatically let go of me when the girls of the group pulled me away from him. He was put to the back when the girls circled around me and some even tried to cling their arms on me.

It was suffocating and irritating. I had to look at Esver and roll my eyes at him. For him to see me not happy on my situation! But he just winked and laughed with the boys around him. This jerk!

Nahatak na ako papasok sa gym. Saka ako binitawan para umupo sa bench. Ngunit napapaligiran pa rin ako ng mga babae.

"So what it's like to be close with the co-founder?"

"Do you know the Ace of the organization?"

Ace?

Someone tugged my t-shirt. "Is the rumor true? That you're here because you're Sir Barmani's long distance girlfriend?"

They gasped and cheered. I was lost with all of their questions that I just shut my mouth and let them speak to their heart's content.