Kabanata 3

Ice Plantation

At this point, I am just convincing myself that no matter what they are talking about up there and what the hell is the result because of that unknown mission crasher that was supposed to be a mission success of mine, I am not involved to that. Because if I am, they should have come down and talk to me about that, but its been two and a half days and they haven't been back here.

Every way out of mine was blocked by the guards. They are 24 hours monitoring me every time I would go out of my room at an untimely hours. It's not like I am planning to go out at this point onwards. I can beat them up and easily walk my way up there, but that would be the cause of agreement termination that Miss Venusia and I agreed about.

Since I have not touched the very case that the reason I am here, I can't disregard the orders. If I don't want to be beaten or disposed. But my patience running thin on a short thread and a little snap might be the reason I'll beat the hell out of this guards that are on my way.

I closed my eyes. That reminds me, they're scared of me. The guards. They would always point their gun at me the moment I come forward to their direction. I'm not scared being pointed but that offended me more than ever.

It looks like to me that they're probably ready to shoot me to death without thoughts if I do just one thing that would feel like a threat for them. And it feels like they're proud to do that because they have something on me, maybe grudge. I had beaten a lot of people before and I already forgot who they are— I don't remember at all— maybe I beat some of them? Or someone related to them? And they're just mid twenties so there's a possibility that some of them were beaten up by me.

I spent my time working out, training, reading, and sleeping. They would bring me food so at least I'm still living my life here. But I'm bored. There's no mission to prepare and I am stuck here without any clue of what's happening up there. Kahit man lang daily happenings.

If Carl's here, he would run his mouth nonstop and without him even knowing, there's an instant information about the Executives, agents and top rookies. As well as information about what's happening outside the Headquarters. Sometimes half of the classified mission was spilled by him.

Hapon ng maisipan kong sumilip agad sa labas ng kwarto. Nagbabakasaling nandito na sa basement si Miss Venusia at si Carl. Nakaligo na ako at nakasuot ako ng palagiang suot kada may mission. Walang mission pero gusto ko ang pakiramdam na suot ito. At mabuti na ring handa.

Wala nang patumpik-tumpik na binuksan ang pintuan ko para makalabas. Nanuot sa sistema ko ang irita nang mabilis na itinutok nila ang baril nila sa akin.

Hindi rin naman sila nakapagpatuloy dahil agad na bumukas ang elevator sa likuran nila. Mabilis ang naging pagbaba nila ng baril at sandaling yuko bago agad na humilera sila sa gilid upang bigyang daan sina Miss Venusia at Carl.

Finally they're here. I've been dying to fill in my curiosity. I walked hurriedly to their direction. They stopped walking. The guards became alert and pointed again their guns at me. I don't care now since they're here. They can't just shoot me, I just know.

Miss Venusia sighed and ordered the guards to be at ease. They didn't follow. Miss Venusia looked at one of them and that's when they only followed.

"What the fre—"

"Not here. Be at the office in an hour." Carl butted off.