chapter two

Anabelle said a hurried good bye to her father and left the study with her mother consequently.
The land cruiser was already waiting for them by the time they got out. So they got in and left the house finally. During the drive to the boutique, Gracia kept complaining and making calls. Their guests were the McAllisters and it was important that a good impression was made on them. She hoped to secure a match for one of her daughters it didn't matter who, so every one was to look their best and Anabelle was going to be a whole lot of work. Her complexion did not agree with a lot of colours. So the dress to be picked would have to be exquisite. Gracia hated to have to contend with this but she had no choice, she couldn't take chances.
Since last week she had been very busy. The whole house was redecorated, her chef was laid off and a new one was employed along side some other staff. She and her other daughters had gone on endless shopping trips forgetting Anabelle.
Now she sat in the car complaining and saying that Anabelle should have told her that she had no dress to wear earlier. Anabelle remained silent and ignored her mother. Minutes later, they were at the boutique.
"Hurry Anabelle, we don't have time"
Gracia said as they got down from the car. She held Anabelle's arm and pulled her inside the boutique. Gracia went about looking for a suitable dress for her daughter. Anabelle, after following her mother about for a while, abandoned her and went to look at other items. It was a unisex clothing and assessories store so there were other things to browse through. Anabelle wandered about and found herself at the men's wrist watches section. So she remained there looking at some watches thinking about her dad and brother and looking at suitable watches for them. She found a Rolex and was admiring it, she moved with excitement at the nice looking Rolex and suddenly bumped hard into a man standing close to her looking at some watches too. She looked up quickly to apologise and found herself staring at steely gray eyes, a chisled face and hair black as midnight cut very low. The man stared back with a scowl and clutched the side where she hit him and winced.
" My goodness! I'm so sorry , I didn't see you there. are you hurt?" Anabelle said quickly trying not to stare at the utterly beautiful face. He was beautiful. His face couldn't be described as handsome. He had a nice physique and was wearing an Armani tuxedo missing a tie. His scowl lifted but his eyes retained a mocking look.
"You couldn't have seen me. Albinos are know for their terrible eyesight."
Anabelle's apologetic smile faded slowly at his callus response. She was disappointed, he didn't have attitude to match his face.