CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐔𝐑

The clicks of footsteps reverberated as the imperial prince entered the court hall. The members of the public, the ministers and the rulers of the four packs coordinately bowed to pay respect.

Many didn't raise their eyes in respect to the custom. Tradition says that the omega dressed in their wedding must be first seen by their alpha and not anyone else.

"You may raise your eyes" Taehyung sternly permitted while taking his bejewelled chair, next to the throne of his parents.

He didn't have to specially mention that his alpha had already seen him as jungkook's scent was profusely lingered on him.

The spokesman stood and paid his courtesy, "Your highness"

Taehyung nodded his head for him to continue.

"With all due respect, your highness. I speak behalf of the members present in this court. We represent the majority who raise their fair objection against the crowning of your chosen mate, the to be king."

The imperial prince clenched his hands against the arm of the chair, "I'm aware of the obvious, Elder Gyunhu"

The spokesman wavered at his voice, "His majesty decided that you would answer to our belief"

Taehyung took a glance at his father who gave him a smile of encouragement.

He judged the presence of the pack rulers for a moment and then said, "On what fair judgement did you all found it appropriate to hold a court meeting an hour before my wedding?"

Silence stretched the hall. His eyes gleamed golden, "The same objections have been raised since the very beginning and it have been denied repeatedly, yet you saw it appropriate to defy our decision again"

"Forgive me, your highness. The negligence of our fair thoughts concerns us" It was the alpha of Nelthria.

"Fair?" Taehyung snickered, "Elder Gyunhu, read the statements put forward for the objection of my mate's crowning"

The spokesman took the scroll of paper and timidly read, "The chosen to be king is recognized as a thief who stole valuable jewels and fine creations of Arerians"

"My alpha never stole a single piece of valuables from anyone. However, he did stole food from the castle, only because each one the arerians denied it to him" Taehyung's voice was firm and authoritative.

The luna of Delthria spoke, "Apologies, your highness. But he's your mate, as much as we want to believe your words, the doubts will still be present in our mind"

"Then shall the faeries be invited to the court. As all know, the faeries possess the power to glamour any individual and bring out the truth from them if asked" The prince's words splashed shock to everyone's face.

The stillness made taehyung smile, "My alpha will prove his innocence through the glamour of faeries"

There was no objection. Only suppressed, unvoiced demur witnessed among the court members.

The crown prince gestured to the spokesman, "Next"

Gyunhu gulped and read, "The to be king do not posses any qualities or knowledge to be the high alpha of werewolves"

"What knowledge did the queen Madinae possessed?" Taehyung raised his chin, "She was an orphan, hadn't even known how to write her own name. But wasn't she the greatest luna to ever exist?"

"I presume the members present in the hall aren't trying to question the royal rulers of history"

The alpha king chuckled, his smile broadened with pride. While the queen couldn't take her fond eyes off her son.