EPILOGUE

𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒

A pin drop silence descended. No leaf-rustle, no wind music, no murmurs of the spectators. All eyes were on the two gregarians circling against each other in the dueling ground.

The imperial alpha thumped his palm on the ground, the vibration causing to each bits of the dry soil announced the gregarians to launch upon each other.

Steel slid across steel in a screech as they both swung their swords savagely. Soonwo aimed a set of vertical cuts to the king's chest. Jungkook blocked reflexively, his focus drawn to the faint scent of his mate.

He launched a barrage of cuts, soonwo answering to them with efficient blocks. Their swords connected again in a sudden stop, gazing through their blades with heavy pants. The heated sun shining upon them for dripping more sweats.

"You aren't focused, your majesty" Soonwo smirked.

Jungkook backed away and lunged with full force, his strength blazing his eyes silver. Soonwo staggered and fell.

"I can bring you down being unfocused" Jungkook cockily flicked on the long bangs obscuring his eyes.

In the second which soonwo took to raise on his feet, the king had his gaze travelled across his omega, sitting beside his mother and smiling at her in a negligible interest to their duel.

His reflex saved him from a slice on his face from soonwo's sword. He gritted his teeth and slammed his sword against his friend. Soonwo ducked under his slashing blades, finally acknowledging the power of his relentless training.

Desperation to end the duel surged through the high alpha. In a matter of seconds, he advanced with powerful thrusts, forcing the guard off balance. 

Soonwo landed on his hands and knees, his sword jarring from his hold. The imperial alpha cheered, delighted and proud to witness the winning of his disciple.

Attendants came forward for taking the sword from the king. He wore the thin robe and offered a hand to his friend. Soonwo took it with a piqued whisper, "Fucking asshole"

"Be glad i was lenient on you" Jungkook laughed and patted his shoulder, pushing him forward to walk. Again, the high alpha's eyes found his mate. This time in a relief that he caught his omega's attention.

Soonwo huffed as he disarmed himself, "Not everyone gets training from an imperial, your majesty"

Jungkook shook his head, "You're better than this soonwo. Weak people makes excuses"

He made a respectful bow to the imperial alpha, then took a seat beside him. "And also i'm not appa's first student. He trains almost everyone"

Daehan chuckled, "Yes, but you're the best one i trained so far"

Jungkook smiled proudly at the praise. His mate raised his displeasure, "You always favour him, appa. What about me?"

The alpha looked back at his son, "You have my love"

Taehyung rolled his eyes and leaned to his mother's shoulder. Jungkook laughed, his stare pouring all the love for his omega.

Soonwo got on his knees before the imperial alpha, "Give me a chance, your highness. I will prove to be better than his majesty"

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, then turning at the elder and shaking his head, "Don't"

Daehan laughed, "Sure, soonwo"

"Appa!" Jungkook whined, making sad face to persuade him.

The imperial alpha always loved pampering him with his sweet love. "He's your friend, son"