12

Lacey was up most of the night again, while Ryan slept on her shoulder. She finally let herself fall asleep for a little bit around 4 am only to be woken up by Ryan's doctor at 6 for rounds. She sighed as she woke up before kissing Ryan's head before getting out of the bed, letting his doctor check the wound.

As soon as they were gone, Lacey got right back in the bed with her husband. Ryan wasted no time putting his arm around Lacey again as she flipped on the TV.

"What time you fall asleep?" He asked, noticing the sleepy eyes she was giving him. He knew that look, especially since Riley had been born.

"4," Lacey answered, yawning as she rubbed her face.

"You slept all day yesterday, so I hate to say it but I'm not surprised." Ryan sighed, pulling her close and kissing her head. Lacey nodded, staying as close as she could as they watched some random show on TV.

"Yeah, I'm not either. I'm gonna kick Jay for letting me sleep all day." Lacey mumbled, already dozing off.

"That was partly me," He admitted, chuckling a little at the slight glare he got from his better half.

"Why did you let me?" Lacey groaned, looking up at him from her spot on the pillows.

Ryan just shook his head, "We'll talk about it, once you take a short nap. I'll wake you up in a little bit,"

"I'm not gonna say no, but wake me up if anything happens. I mean anything, any kind of pain or anything that you feel might be of-"

"Lace. I got it. Now go to sleep," He cut his wife off, coaxing her to just sleep. Lacey nodded and stayed beside him, falling asleep pretty quick.

——————

A few hours later, Lacey was awake and a little more rested after a 2-hour nap and Ryan was sleeping. She started scrolling through her Facebook before checking Riley's daycare feed.

Riley Davis was signed in by Jay Halstead (8:22 AM)
Riley Davis was signed out by Jay Halstead (8:24 AM)
Riley Davis was signed in by Hailey Halstead (8:25 AM)

That made Lacey chuckle a bit, she knew Hailey had to have taught him how to get her signed in and then ended up having to do it herself when Jay accidentally signed her out. She looked and saw a few pictures, diapers, and naps as well as the bottles she was given before her screen was taken over by an incoming facetime call from Jay.

"Hello?" Lacey answered, seeing her whole unit pop up. "Hey, guys,"

"How you doing over there?" Adam asked as Lacey headed to the hallway so she wouldn't wake her husband.

"Uhh, hangin in there. He's sleeping, they've kept up on his meds really well so no pain. I'm not shocked though, he's got a pretty high pain tolerance. He's also too proud to admit when there is any pain." She told them, forcing a little smile. Kevin saw right through it and made a note to call her later or even visit.

"You need anything? For you guys or Riley?" Kim asked, Lacey smiling a little again.

"We're good. I just need him home," Lacey sighed, looking back to make sure Ryan was still sleeping.