33

TW: Miscarriage
As I said in my last chapter...
You are NOT alone and it is NOT your fault.
My DM's are always open to talk if you need to ❤️

——————

The next few days were a roller coaster for the Davis family as both Lacey and Ryan were dealing with the recent events. Ryan had done anything he could for Lacey but was also trying to keep his own head above water. Lacey was not dealing well and had pretty much shut down.

A few days after was the first time she'd left the bed after asking Jay to come over. When he arrived, Ryan was in the garage changing the oil in both his new truck and Lacey's Traverse.

"Hey Ryan," Jay said as the other man turned around to see his brother-in-law, "How you doing?"

"Trying to keep busy, give her her space," He answered as he wiped some excess oil off his hands.

"Lace?"

"Struggling. Today's the first day she's gotten out of bed and come downstairs. I think she's in the living room or the dining room," He told him, nodding towards the door that lead into their home.

"Thanks," Jay nodded, heading into the house to find Lacey in the dining room. "Hey, what's up?"

"Do you think it's possible to be a good mom and a good cop?" She asked, wiping her eyes as she looked at her brother.

"I know what you're asking and yes. I'll give you all the time that you need. How you feeling?"

She just nodded and stayed silent for a minute, "I don't know what to feel. I'm sad, i'm angry, i'm hurt, I feel guilty. It's just like this big dark cloud that's hanging over me,"

"You did nothing wrong, Lacey,"

"I didn't do anything to stop it. I went to sleep, I should've just gone to the hospital when Hailey told me to get checked out," She said as she shook her head and covered her face.

"Come here Lace," He said as he pulled her in. "There was nothing you could do,"

She nodded, "I know,"

"So you take all the time you need, and you come back when you are ready. Okay?" Jay asked, getting a nod from his sister. He nodded and got up, kissing her head. "Why don't you go back to bed?"

"Yeah," She nodded and got up, heading out of the dining room.

Jay went upstairs with her and helped tuck her in, "night Lace,"

"Night," she mumbled, snuggling under her covers. It didn't take long before she'd fallen asleep.

Jay went back out to the garage, where Ryan had the traverse up on the ramps. "You know CPD can do that,"

"Yeah but it takes a month to get in and my wife doesn't tell me when she needs the oil changed. I love that woman but she needs to not let her car blow up," he sighed, getting up and wiping his hands again. "She okay?"

"Has she talked to you?"

"Not much. Just tells me what's hurting. I'm trying to let her grieve but it's hard to not be with her every second,"