29

2 MONTHS LATER—

"You're late babe. Bagel with butter to go, coffees on the counter," Ryan said as Lacey came out the next morning. She'd slept through the alarm, got dressed in the dark, and overall was having a hard time getting out of the house.

"Does this mean you're taking the girls in?"

"Yes. Get out of here," he chuckled, kissing Lacey, and handing her both items. Lacey smiled and kissed both girls foreheads before she headed out.

She parked the Traverse in her marked spot before getting out with her stuff and heading in.

"Uh, Lace. You got 2 different shoes on," Adam said as she got up the steps.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, and You're late. You're never late," Jay added, while Hailey swatted his arm.

"What is it? Shit on Lacey day? I'm a few minutes late and wearing 2 different shoes. Lay off," Lacey snapped, heading to the locker room to find a new pair of shoes.

"Hey. What was that?" Hailey asked, coming into the locker room and shutting the door.

"What was what?" Lacey asked, groaning as she looked for a matching pair of shoes in her locker.

"You got all snappy,"

"Well, I'm frustrated. I couldn't sleep because I was nauseous and then didn't hear my alarm and Ryan was already up and had the girls so I could get ready," she replied, before yet another outburst, "where are all my shoes?!"

"Okay. You need to take a deep breath and calm down," Hailey sighed as she sat on the bench next to her. "Could you be pregnant again?"

"What? No." Lacey sighed, shaking her head, "maybe,"

"Come on. Let's go," the blonde said as she reached into Lacey's locker. "Shoes,"

Lacey nodded and slipped on the shoes, getting up and sneaking out with Hailey. They stopped at the closest drugstore, buying a few pregnancy tests before heading back to the district.

"I'll make something up," Hailey told her sister-in-law as they headed back up.

Lacey nodded and went right to the bathroom, taking the tests and setting them all in the sink. She paced the floor as her phone counted down, refusing to look at the tests until it was time.

Her phone soon buzzed, signaling the end of the 5-minute timer, so she went over and looked in the sink.

2 pink lines.

Pregnant.

She came back out after disposing of all the tests and sat back at her desk. Her phone buzzing on the desk pulled her out of her thoughts as she opened the text from Hailey.

Hails: so?

Lacey: positive. Explains the mood swing.

Hails: you okay?

Lacey: I'll be fine.