25

The next 5 weeks passed quickly and the chilly fall air settled in Chicago. Lacey was back to her normal routine and starting back at work while Lyla was going to go to Riley's daycare.

"Ryan do you  have Lyla's bag?" Lacey asked as she came out from getting ready.

"All packed and ready. You ready?"

"No," she sighed, "I'm nervous,"

"Don't be. They all love you, they got you," Ryan smiled, pulling her into his arms for a minute. "I put gas in your car yesterday too,"

"What would I do without you?" Lacey asked with a grin as she looked at her tall husband.

"Let's never find out,"

"Agreed," the woman smiled, kissing her husband before they were interrupted by a little pair of feet at their legs.

"Come on munchkin. Let's get you in the car," Ryan chuckled, picking Riley up and holding her upside down sending the toddler into a fit of giggles.

The couple headed out to both cars, Ryan helping put the girls in before giving his wife one last kiss goodbye. Once they were all set, both parents got in their cars and headed off.

Lacey wasn't shocked to pull up to the daycare and notice the black Jeep she'd pulled up behind and then her sister-in-law getting out.

"Following me now?" Lacey called as she stepped out of her own SUV.

"You're the one that pulled up behind me so I think you'd be following me," she chuckled, pulling the car seat out and heading to the white traverse.

"Fair point,"

"I'm glad these 2 go here. Makes it a little easier to know you guys love it,"

"Oh yeah. We loved Dani and we were both really happy that Ly's gonna have her. Ri loved her too, and then Jamie and now Bristol," Lacey chuckled, getting Riley out first.

"Aiwey!" She giggled, immediately hugging her aunt's leg as she yelled her name.

"Hey Ri-Ri, you ready?"

Riley let out a giggled and pulled on her aunt's hand to rush inside.

Both women carried the baby car seats in, following the eager toddler. Lacey used her code to unlock the doors, allowing them access to the center. Riley ran all the way down the hall to her room, knocking on the door as Lacey and Hailey trailed behind. Hailey went to drop Camden off in his room, chuckling at the toddler.

"Good morning Riley," Bristol chuckled, opening the door as she raced in.

"Woah girl, no hugs for mommy?" Lacey chuckled, watching the toddler run back to her mother. "Alright, little one. Have a good day,"

"Aiwey!" Riley whined, wanting a hug from her aunt as well.

"One sec Ri," Hailey smiled down the hall, putting Camden's car seat up before coming back to her niece. "You want some aunt Hailey hugs too?"

Riley's giggles filled the hallway as Lacey handed her to Hailey and went to take Lyla to her room.

"Mama and I are going to work okay? We'll both be back later," Hailey told the toddler, kissing her cheeks before setting her down. The toddler hugged Hailey's leg one more time, before rushing in to eat her snack.