37

Lacey returned to work after dropping the girls off at daycare and went right up to the narcotics area.

"Hey lace," Garrett spoke up, noticing the woman coming in.

"Hey. Where is he?"

"Laying in his office," he answered, chuckling as he knew what Lacey was about to do. "Making him go home?"

"Better believe it," she sighed, walking over to the office door. She opened it slowly, immediately noticing Ryan on the couch, "babe go home,"

"I got work to do Lace,"

"Well, you can do that work later. When you're better. Come on, go home," she said as she kneeled by the couch.

"Baby please,"

"Do I need to drive you?" She asked, feeling his head for a temp. "You definitely have a fever, and what good are you doing for your team laying in here? Have Garrett take over and go home,"

"Fine," he sighed, sitting up as she got up. He got up and collected his things while Lacey went out to Garrett.

"If he doesn't get out of here in 10 minutes, call me," she sighed, writing her extension on a post-it. "You're taking over today,"

"Sounds good, I'll make sure he gets out of here,"

"Thanks Garrett,"

"Yep," he nodded, watching his friend in the office.

——————

Lacey sat at her desk, checking as her phone dinged with their front door motion camera. She opened the app and smiled a little as Ryan's truck pulled into the driveway.

"Feel better?" Jay asked, coming up and sitting at his desk.

"Yep, but now Ryan's sick. I just had to make him go home,"

"What do you mean "make him"?"

"I literally had to make him. He was laying down in his office and I went in and made him go home," she shrugged, getting up to get coffee.

"Kinda like I made you the other day,"

"I should kick you for that," she sighed, sipping her mug of coffee before putting in some more creamer.

"You needed it,"

"Okay fine," she chuckled, sitting back at her computer.

One by one, the rest of the unit trickled in, including Hailey with an upset baby.

"Rough morning?"

"You guessed it. He's teething and I can't take him in with a fever," She sighed, handing him off to Jay.

"What? I checked on him this morning,"

"Must've popped after," she sighed, wiping the drool from Camden's face.

"You guys are having so much fun with teething huh?"