42

Lacey patiently waited for the team to show up with their long searched for suspect. Jay and Hailey brought him up and put him in one of their interrogation rooms, before going out to Lacey who had the file ready to go.

"You going in?" Jay asked as Lacey handed the folder to him.

"Bet your ass I am," she said, grabbing the door handle and going to open it but was stopped by her brother.

"You can't go in there too strong,"

"What are you talking about Jay? I'm so pissed off right now. No, I'm not pissed, I'm livid. And I want to know why. Why my house and how did he know the code? We didn't find any broken windows or anything,"

"I know, but going in there hot isn't going to get you anywhere and it won't make you feel any better,"

"Well, it won't make me feel any worse either," She told him before opening the door, "Hi James. Remember me?"

"Sure,"

"You really broke into the wrong house this week huh? Why? Give me a reason," Lacey gritted out.

"I saw an easy target," He said as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"You saw wrong. You really didn't know who you decided to mess with,"

"Lacey, tread lightly," Jay spoke from behind her as he saw her getting fired up.

"Jay," She snapped, looking back at him before back at James, "How many other houses are there? How much jewelry have you pawned?"

"Why should I tell you?" James smirked, knowing Lacey was on edge.

Jay could also see it and pulled her before it went too far.

"What the hell Jay?!"

"You gotta stop. You're way too worked up," Jay told her calmly, "We're not gonna get anything with what you're asking,"

"Worked up?! Of course, I am! My HOME was broken into. That in itself is bad enough. Add the fact that I was there and so was my daughter. Why shouldn't I be worked up?!" She snapped at her brother and walked away.

Jay went back in to talk to James while Lacey grabbed her jacket and went outside to try and get some fresh air. She leaned against the building, pulling her phone out and checking on her girls in the app. She sighed before checking the messages and starting a new one.

"You okay out here?" Adam asked, noticing her as he got back from court

"Yeah, just. He's here and Jay kicked me out of interrogation," She sighed, looking over at her friend.