44

A week later and a new year was about to begin. It was now 5 PM on December 31st and Lacey had just tucked Riley in for her late nap so she could be up when the clock struck 12.

"It's almost a new year my love," Ryan smiled, coming up from the basement where he'd been running on the treadmill.

"In a good 7 hours," she joked, "Will you help me start everything?"

"What time is the team coming?"

"Adam and Kim said probably around 9 if they can get Makayla to try and take a nap. Kev said 7 ish, Jay and Hailey are waiting on Cam to wake up and Torres is spending the new year with his mom. Did Garrett ever say whether he was coming or not?"

"Said he'll probably spend it with his new girlfriend," Ryan chuckled, sipping a bottle of water.

"Hurry up and shower so we can get the house cleaned," She chuckled, kissing him before pulling back, "Yeah. You stink. Go shower,"

"Oh, I do?" He asked, pulling her back in, "Yet you still love me,"

"I do. I love you a lot, but you smell,"

"Alright, I'll go take a shower," He chuckled, heading up to their bedroom and taking a quick one.

Lacey met him upstairs, wanting to also take a nap while the babies did too. That didn't exactly happen.

——————

After they got up and cleaned the house their first guest showed up around 7:30, none other than Jay, Hailey, and Camden. Lacey got Lyla and Riley up as well and set them in the living room while the adults watched the New Year's Eve show.

Kim, Adam, and Makayla showed up around 8:30, followed by Kev and soon enough, Garrett and his new girlfriend, Amber showed up. Everyone sat around and watched the TV, waiting for the countdown.

Riley was becoming more and more crabby while Lyla was living her best life and currently hanging out with her uncle Adam.

"Riley, what's the matter baby?" Ryan asked as he picked her up.

"Tiwed daddy," She mumbled, while tears started flowing.

"Okay. You wanna go night night?"

"I don wan the mostaw to get me," She sobbed, "I seep wif you and mama,"

"Mommy and I aren't going to bed for a while baby," He sighed sympathetically, "Do you want to fall asleep on daddy?"

"I go bed!" She screamed, kicking and whining.

"Okay okay. We're all done with that Riley Anne," He told her sternly, "Calmly tell me what you want. Do you want blankey?"

"yesh pease,"

"Okay, let's go get blankey and put on jammies, Then you can cuddle with daddy until mommy and I go to bed," Ryan reasoned with the child before going upstairs and helping her put on pajamas.

"Hey, I heard her crying, what's up?" Lacey asked, coming into the 2-year-olds bedroom.

"She's just tired," he sighed, "But she doesn't want to go to bed until we do because she's been sleeping with us,"