27

The whole team sat there all day waiting on news of the blonde detective. Lacey had fallen asleep on Ryan's shoulder after the panicking, and the mild sedative.

"Jay," Ryan looked up at the man, nodding towards dr Marcel coming out. As soon as Jay's attention was on the doctor, Ryan gently shook his wife waking her out of her sleep.

"Hailey's um. She's out of surgery. They think she's gonna be okay," Jay sighed in relief, breaking down as Lacey got up and hugged him.

"She's Hailey. She's gonna be fine," Lacey sighed, relieved herself. She held onto her brother as long as he needed, not realizing how much both of them needed each other's support.

——————

Jay waited with the rest of their family and some of CPD before Will was able to take him to his wife. Lacey had let the sedative wear off before going to Jay's truck that Kevin had driven, taking Camden's base out before going to her car. She moved Riley's car seat to the back row, putting Camden's in Riley's spot.

She drove to the daycare, noticing how empty the parking lot was at the end of the day. She punched her code in, heading to the infant area and pulling both Lyla's and Camden's car seats down.

"Hey Lacey," Dani greeted with a smile, holding Lyla.

"Hey," She smiled a tad, taking her baby into her arms. "I'm actually taking Camden too,"

"Everything okay?"

"Uh should be. I'll have Jay message you and let you know what's going on," She replied, carefully putting Lyla in her car seat.

"Sounds good. Lyla's due for a bottle around 8 and Camden is due around 6:30," Dani nodded, handing Camden over to his aunt. "Need help getting them to the car?"

"Can you?"

"Yeah, they were my last 2," She nodded with a grin.

"Thank you so much," Lacey said, with a grateful smile.

Dani nodded, carrying Camden's seat as they got Riley and headed out to the car.

"Ri, you're in the back baby,"  Lacey told the toddler, helping her into the car before following and putting Lyla's seat in. She then got Riley strapped in and got out, taking Camden from Dani and putting him in the middle row of seats. "Thanks, Dani,"

"Have a good night," The young woman smiled, waving before she headed to her own car.

"You too," Lacey called, getting in and driving back to med. Ryan came out to help her get both babies and Riley inside, Jay meeting them at the door.

"How's she doing?"

"Sleeping. She woke up for a few minutes but fell back to sleep pretty quick," Jay answered, taking Camden's seat and setting it on an empty chair. "Hey, buddy,"

"Dani said he'll be ready for a bottle around 6:30,"

"Thanks, Lace," Jay nodded, holding his little boy close to him, "you'll cheer mommy up, right?" He asked, getting a tiny smile from the almost 3-month-old. "That's right,"