45

"Okay, so she has successfully escaped her crib three times now. In an hour. Maybe time for a toddler bed," Lacey sighed, watching the camera monitor on her phone.

"Did you put her back and tell her no?"

"That is like you asking me if I turned my phone off and back on again when something isn't working," She said, adding an eye roll with it, "Yes I put her back and told her no,"

"Consistency works,"

"I'm the one that told you that. Guess its good to know that you listen,"

"What am I? A dog?"

"You gonna bark?"

"Woof,"

She gave him one little look and couldn't hold in the laugh that had bubbled up, "You're an idiot,"

"You married me!"

"She's getting out again," Lacey groaned, turning toward the stairs and running up them as she yelled for the 2-year-old, "Riley! Stay in your crib!"

——————

The next morning was rough as both parents had been up several times to put the 2-year-old back in her crib, even buying a toddler bed at 2 am to be delivered at a later date. Lacey got up as soon as she saw Riley had gotten out again. She took her downstairs and let her play while she made breakfast.

Ryan came down with Lyla after she woke up, putting her in the living room as well before going to the kitchen, "Morning beautiful,"

"Morning,"

"You make coffee yet?"

"Nope. Should've, but I didn't," Lacey sighed, "I'm exhausted,"

"When is her bed supposed to get here?"

"Tomorrow and then we'll have to disassemble the crib. How is my baby ready for a toddler bed? She was just a baby yesterday,"

"I know. I can't believe it either," He nodded, starting the coffee pot.

"And Ly is gonna be one tomorrow," She added, "Which I also can't believe,"

"Hopefully we have one last one. And hopefully a boy, I need a hockey buddy," Ryan chuckled.

"You have a brother-in-law and a nephew," Lacey chuckled.

"Yeah, but I want my kid to enjoy it too," He smiled, looking out to the other room at the girls.

"Lyla would I'm sure. She is your mini-me after all. Riley's our little ballerina,"

"Speaking of which, do you want to start her in something?"

"I do. I just don't know with our schedules. They get so complicated, it's hard getting them from daycare some days," she explained, leaning against the counter.

"Would Will be willing to help?"

"Probably but his schedule is pretty complicated too and I don't wanna put that on him with his girls having a weird schedule too,"