Chapter 4

I was alone in an empty space in tears letting the rotten smell of flesh and blood seep into my nose causing me to puke, I was defenseless without both Finn and Jake.

I soon stood up wiping whatever was left on my lips off onto my sleeve walking out of the house, the smell of rotten flesh and blood still lingered in my nose.

Was I missing something important? Did I make Finn upset with me? Does Jake not consider me a friend anymore? What was I doing wrong?

I need to find answers, I need to find whoever was still here and get the answers I need, to find Finn, to find Jake.

But where do I begin? Where do I go to get my questions answered? This was going to be a tough one.

Wait, do you hear that? It sounds like someone's following you, be on your wits. Don't get attacked, whatever you do don't let your guard down. . . This world around you is a completely unsafe and unstable place to be in right now.

My ears were quick to perk up hearing the sound of footsteps behind me, now pulling out the butterfly knife that Finn gave from my back pocket keeping a grip on it.

"Who's there! Show yourself!" I yelled out to the stranger, ". . ."

I stopped and turned to face the direction I came from and where the footsteps came from waiting for an answer.

Nothing.

I was already anxious when I first got here, and now this?! This was already starting to upset me.

Tears where already starting to fill my colorless orbs, I was really alone, I was without my friends. . . My family, no one was here. I was starting to lose myself more and more. . .

I want Finn, I want him to hold me, to tell me everything will be ok, to kiss me. . .
To. . . To. . .

I need to get going, I need to start finding my answers and fast.
Life or death, I will bring my friends no matter what happens to me.