Chapter 5 ; Pibby

It was a long night of no sleep, and horrid thoughts. I couldn't help but cry again, letting the thoughts eat away at me until I noticed a figure standing right in front of me as I softly sniffled wiping the tears away.

". . . Who or what are you? What do you want from me?" I asked with a sharp glare.

"I'm sorry to have scared you," The voice responded, "But I'm here to help."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Pibby, and I have the answers you need."

I looked up at her and sighed calming down my nerves a bit.

Do you really trust this person? What if they lie to you? You've been hurt like this before.

Whatever you do take your time, they might be telling you the truth, they might not be who knows what they want.

". . . Well, are you going to stand there or sit? We start the trek to the Candy Kingdom first thing at sunrise."

Pibby nodded taking a seat next to me, she could feel how tense and angry I was.
A bit scared too she'd thought to herself hand reaching out to be put onto my shoulder, but I soon jerked away not even looking at her.

"Please. . . Please don't touch me, I'm not ready to let others into my personal space." I muttered softly.

"I-I'm sorry. . ." Pibby responded, "I didn't know."

"No it's fine," I spoke, "I was like this when I first met Finn."

Pibby looked over at me before scooting a bit closer, she wanted to know everything about me, she wanted to make sure it was ok to be here with me on this dangerous adventure.

"Do you mind if I asked you another question?" Pibby asked.

I turned over once she spoke and gave a gentle nod in response, "Ah, yeah go ahead."

"Do you know what happened here?" She asked, "Where did everyone go?"

"That's what I'd like to know," I responded, "Everyone just suddenly disappeared leaving me behind."

"What is. . . What is that smell?"

"Me, I smell like rotten flesh. . ." I said embarrassed.

"How did that happen?"

"I was at Finn and Jake's place looking for them until I seen some black sludge like stuff that had a rancid smell of rotten flesh and blood, and it just stuck itself onto me like a moth to a lamppost."

"Did you—. . ."

Before Pibby could ask another question I gave a nod,
"I tried washing up but it doesn't go away."

"I'm sorry." She muttered softly, "I didn't know it was that terrible."

"It's fine, I'm used to it." I chuckled a bit, "Smells like this don't bother me none."

That gave Pibby a bit of reassurance knowing that I was ok.

"Hey Pibby?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know what that black sludge is? It's making me uneasy."

"It's a virus, whoever comes in contact with it gets infected turning them into these monsters. It took my friend away from me and I plan to stop it."

"Do you think Finn and Jake could have. . ."

"Most likely, but for now let's get some sleep. . . Remember our trek to the kingdom."

"Right." I nodded laying back on the tree I was in, "Night Pibby."

"G'night."