Chapter 7: An unfaithful Meeting

I gasped as I felt the tears started to well up in my eyes feeling the sudden shift in the air realizing who was in front of us once we reached the Kingdom gates.

"F-Finn?! Finn! I was looking all over for you! Where have you been?!" I cried out.

Pibby noticed the blank stare in Finn's eyes as if he's willing to attack me, she quickly tugged at my arm as if she needed to tell me that we have to get out of here and find shelter away from him.

I couldn't just leave him, I loved him so much. . . I just couldn't do nothing, he was suffering and hurting, and this was my fault.

"Niko, we need to get to safety," Pibby said giving my arm one final tug, "That's not the Finn you're used to seeing."

"What are you talking about!? I just can't leave him Pibby! I love him so much, I would do anything to get him back. . . I want him back Pibby, you don't understand how hollow I am without him."

I suddenly went stiff as a harsh wind suddenly brush against my cheek as I suddenly stared at where Pibby stood and grabbed her arm protecting her from Finn's sudden attack.

"Niko!" She yelled noticing the huge wound on my back, "Are you ok?"

"I-I'm fine, but the real question is: are you alright?"

"I'm alright, but why?"

I looked at her with a confused look on my face as I sat her down now falling to my knees letting myself cough up blood, "What are you talkin' about?"

". . . Niko, I know we just met but you can't put yourself on the line like that," Pibby started, "That was extremely selfish of you."

"Is that how you see me? I grew up selfish, I didn't want to lose you Pibby! If someone needs to die it has to be me! I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH! I WISH FINN WOULD'VE JUST KILLED ME ALREADY!"

Pibby soon hugged me as I seen Finn had suddenly vanished, I sighed softly letting myself melt into her embrace.

The pain was unbearable, but I had to get into the castle. . . It's the only safe place to stay for the time being.

"We need to get going, the castle is our only place of shelter."

"Alright, but are you sure you'll be able to make it?"

"I'll be fine, I'm much more stronger than you think."