Chapter 23 : Anxiety and Fear

"Nikki, what is this place. . .?" Maddy asked as she gripped onto my arm, "Why do I get bad vibes from here?"

"A place I wish to forget about, a place that I lost many of my lives in. . . I couldn't begin to tell you how scared I am right now, and I know Pibby is too."

I sighed softly realizing that us splitting up would have caused us so much pain, so much problems that could kill me. . . The anxiety had soon started to creep up on me, I was panicking badly.

I couldn't move as I soon felt the heavy tears hit the back of my hands, body shaking badly and the panic attacks had gotten worse. Why couldn't I move? Why couldn't I shake the sudden feelings of hatred for myself away?

My hands soon wrapped around my neck as I tried to gasp for air, to calm down, to think straight but I felt them grasp around my neck tighter as I tried to breathe.

"Nikki!"

I soon fell to my knees once my name was called looking in front of me seeing Maddy, the tears had only gotten worse as I soon hid my face into her shoulder not a word was spoken.

"It's going to be ok, I'm here for you. . . No one is gonna hurt you, it's ok to feel scared but just know you aren't alone. We came here for one thing and that's to save Pibby, I know she's waiting for us to save her. . . I know this whole thing is giving you separation anxiety and I know how that feels from the bottom of my heart, I really do and I'm glad we met. . . I know for a fact, I would love Pibby just as much as you do and there's no doubt in my mind she's safe."

Hearing those words had made me feel so much better, my heavy breathing had started to slow down as I kept my grip on Maddy's shirt. She was right we did come here to save Pibby and to save her we shall, Pibby was my world and I would do anything to keep her safe.

"Come on, let's go save your sister and get the hell out of here."

"Right, thank you for calming me down in my time of need."

"No problem, it's what friends are for. I care about you so much."