Chapter 16

I sighed softly sitting down to catch up with my thoughts huffing softly looking around until I seen someone with a small chuckle.

"Niko! What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you, we need to get out of here. . . It's dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt or infected."

Pinkie frowned nodding, "Right let's get a move on! Where are the others?"

"They should be waiting for us, but you should go on without me."

Pinkie stopped and looked at me with worry in her eyes, "But. . ."

"Listen, my scent is very strong and whoever is following us is willing to kill both of us if you decide to stay with me, this is why we need to split and get it away from us."

Pinkie frowned softly before hugging me leaving to meet up with Pibby and AppleJack.

"Oh and Pinkie!"

"Yeah?" She turned to face me, "What's wrong?"

"Whatever you do, don't tell them where I went especially Pibby she'd lose it if she found out."

"Right, please stay safe Niko."

"No promises." I chuckled softly.

I sighed softly running off to wherever the thing that had followed me and Pinkie went, I knew what I was getting into. . .

I knew the rest of my lives were at steak, but if it was meant to protect my only family and to bring back my boyfriend then so be it. I couldn't let anyone get hurt. . .

I. . . I'm already worthless as is, I couldn't save Finn or Jake. . . What makes me think I can protect my friends and Pibby?

I shouldn't think like this, I had to keep everyone safe and find more survivors if there are any and head back to everyone to get out of here and into safety before we head back into the unknown.

If I don't ever come back someone should take care of you Pibby, I know we haven't been together for this long but you need someone better than me to protect you. . .

I'm sorry that I couldn't be with you longer, I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to protect you myself. . . I'm sorry that you had to help me like this. . .