Chapter 8

I sighed softly slumping against the wall letting myself slide to sit on the floor my blood had stained the wall like some sort of painting, I sighed softly closing my eyes letting myself be alone with my thoughts.

Pibby was safe and that's what I cared about the most, I didn't care for anyone but her safety. If I died here and now it would be my dream.

"I found a first aide kit! We can heal up your back with it."

I looked over wincing with each movement grabbing the medical kit from Pibby as she walked closer to me, "Finally! I can clean this stupid wound and stop the bleeding."

"Do you need any help?" Pibby asked, "You look terrible."

"Do you think you can pour this whole bottle of rubbing alcohol onto the wound? I know it's going to hurt like hell, but it's worth it."

Pibby nodded taking the bottle from my hand now pouring the rubbing alcohol onto my back, a slight yelp left my lips as I bit down onto my finger to prevent myself from screaming.

When I normally do this with Finn he has me sit in a tub of ice water to numb it as much as we can, but he's not here and neither is home.

"Done."

I nodded softly take the bandages from the medical kit to start wrapping up the wound to the best of my ability having Pibby help every so often.

"There, that should do it. I really owe ya one Pibby, if it weren't for you I wouldn't still be standing."

"I should be the one thanking you Nikki, you saved my life and I'm super grateful."

"It's the least I can do, I can't afford to lose anyone else not with this corruption going around."

Pibby sighed sitting next to me laying her head on my shoulder, I could feel her heartache. She must've lost someone dear to her and is fighting this battle alone. . . Just like me, I pulled her in for a hug falling asleep.

". . . First thing when we wake up, we need to head towards the library, there might be something we can use there." I muttered in my sleep.

"Right," Pibby nodded, "Sleep well Niki."

"You too Pibby."