Chapter 19 : A different kind of Beat

"Where am I. . .? Pibby? Anyone?" I sat up gripping my head looking around, "Hello?"

Did Pibby and I get separated? I felt so uneasy without her, something I haven't felt in forever and that was scary. . . I ended up losing someone close to me, and now I was going to die alone.

"Hey stranger, is everything alright?" A voice called out.

I tensed up slightly looking towards where the voice had come from, a sigh of relief left my lips as I noticed a pretty woman with short strawberry blonde hair walk up towards me.

"Yeah, I'm just fine. . . Just a bit tired and weak from the hit to my head. . . Nothing too serious."

"Well, c'mon let's get you fixed up and fed. Food helps the soul and besides you look like you haven't eaten in forever."

I rolled my eyes before getting up chuckling to myself at the statement that was said, "Yeah and you'd be right. . ."

"My name is Maddy and welcome to what was left of Philly, I never seen you around before."

"Yeah because I'm not from around here, I'm Nikki by the way."

"Nikki, let's get going before it gets dark. . ."

I nodded softly getting before wincing softly looking down at my blood soaked feet, the nail was still digging its way into my foot the more I walked onto it.

"Is everything alright?" Maddy asked looking back at me worried.

"Y-Yeah," I lied through gritted teeth, "I'm fine."

"Alright, well if you ever need anything from me please let me know."