Chapter 24

"Pibby?" I called out from behind the corner keeping my voice low so I wouldn't attract attention to our hiding spot, "Where are you?"

"Over here!" She stuck her hand out, "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, I should be the one asking you that. . . Do you remember how you got back here at all?"

"No, and I'm scared. . ." She replied trying not to cry.

"Ok, ok. . . Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what is it?" She asked looking from out her hiding spot, "I'll be sure to be quiet."

"Run over here, and we should be able to make our way out of here. . . I get so uneasy just by staying in here for too long."

"Nikki?"

"Yeah Maddy?"

The strawberry blonde female soon pointed over towards a shadow that was standing behind Pibby, I soon realized who it was and stepped out from the corner.

"PIBBY! GET OUT OF THERE QUICK! RUN! HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!"

She blinked before looking behind her, I was scared and had to do something quickly before she had gotten hurt. I could see how scared stiff she was and gave Maddy the look as if to say help Pibby.

She nodded and quickly ran over to Pibby pulling her into her arms now falling back by my side holding onto a shaking and terrified Pibby.

"I need you to get out of here, where you guys end up I'll respawn there. . . This fight isn't safe and I can't let the two of you fight it for me."

"But. . .— I. . ." Maddy tried to speak.

"Just go! I can't keep this portal open forever, it's using up the last bit of my energy. I promise the both of you I'll be fine."

Maddy nodded and soon hopped into the portal, tears in her eyes as she seen me close it keeping Pibby close.

"Alright, it's just the two of us yet again Finn. . . I will save you even if it costs me my last life. I refuse to leave without you and Jake."