Chapter 25: Wrong Virtues

"Everything about this feels wrong, I was taught about what my virtues were and how I should go about them but this. . . This wasn't what I wanted to be face with, someone I loved. . . Someone I valued with my entire life was standing in front of me waiting for me to make the first move. . ."

"Alright, alright. . . I wanna get this out of the way, I got a friend and a little sibling to protect out there and I'll make sure you or anyone won't get in the way of that! I refuse to become whatever you are, the virtues you have are wrong and I won't follow behind them at all."

Finn had stared at me, body unmoving, no life behind those eyes of his. I could feel it, I could feel him trying to tell me he wanted the pain to end and I couldn't help myself but to help him. . . I was frozen stiff, the fear and the anxiety had gotten to me again.

There was no one to help me calm down, my breathing had picked up once I seen Finn had somehow disappeared now leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Everything I've done was for not, Pibby and Maddy are safe and that's all that matters to me but why do I feel so uneasy without them by my side? Why do I feel so distant from myself without them?

I soon stood up grabbing whatever sharp object was laying around, everything felt so distant from me as if I didn't belong here. . .

I soon tensed up as I felt arms wrap around me looking up at who it was now gripping onto their arm as the tears started to fall.

"Finn. . ."

"I don't got much time Rose, but I just want you to know I care about you. . . This is worth the life being lost, you've done so much and I wouldn't want to see that change."

"But I feel so distant from everyone, and I can do so so much more. . . I want this to end, I want to go home. . . I want to be with you and Jake. . . I want everyone I've met to be safe."

"I know and I want the same thing to happen, but all we can do is be separated for a while longer. . . I know for a fact you can save us and the entire world even if it's your last life on the line."

He was right, I had to stay strong and fight through whatever the hell was going on, but man was I tired. . . I needed to get out of here, but I used my last bit of energy on Pibby and Maddy's portal to make sure they were safe. . .

What was I gonna do now? How am I supposed to meet up with them now?