Chapter 12

I suddenly had tensed up once Finn had put his hand onto my cheek dropping my knife as my hand rested onto his. . . I heard the sound of steel hitting the floor, he must've dropped his sword.

I could feel his pain now letting go of his hand, a sudden third eye had opened for me allowing me to see Finn and what had happened to him and Jake.

This isn't true, this isn't what you wanted and yet here you are. . . The love of your life isn't the love of your life, the virus had taken him and your dearest friend away from you. . . You wish it was you instead, you don't want him to go through this alone. . . You don't want them to go through this alone. . .

I took a breather letting my hand grip onto Finn's looking him in the eyes, a weak chuckle left my lips as I took his cheeks into my hands.

"Finn, I love you so much. . . I know what it's like to be alone, to be without the one's you love. . . Finn I. . ."

"R. . .ose. . ."

I chuckled softly letting myself cry into his arms my grip tightened around him.

"Finn, is that. . . Is that really you? Are you really here?"

He chuckled softly giving me a gentle hug, now noticing the freshly new wounds I gotten a frown sat on his lips.

"Finn?" I looked up at him confused, "What's on your mind?"

"I had no idea I've done that to you. . . Rose, I'm. . ."

"Finn, it's fine. It can't be helped, it could've been worse than this little scratch I promise you."

He sighed before placing another little kiss onto my forehead, "Are you sure?"

"Of course." I replied, "You worry too much."

"I can't help it, especially if it's someone I love. . . I need to worry as much as I can."

"Oh Finn," I gave a shaky sigh, "I'm sorry. . ."

He said nothing keeping me close in his arms now breaking the hug, it was time wasn't it? I couldn't help but feel defeated, I just wanted to pull the both of them out of this nightmare and go home.

To end this all. . .

"I have to go, Pibby should be waking up soon."

"Right. . ." He nodded.

"Hey, Finn. . ."

He looked at me raising a brow, "Yeah?"

"Once this is all over, I'll come back and get you and Jake."

"I'll be waiting."