The Trailer Wolf

Chantel hadn't mentioned to her mother about her encounter with the scruffy man or her mother would've freaked the hell out, and might just lock her inside the house. Chantel could still remember the horrifying look in his eyes when he'd pointed at Roman, and hear him say: I saw the Cheerleader! I saw her get killed! And he even mentioned something about a dragon and ouroboros, whatever that was.

A notification popped up; Roman had tagged her in a photo. It was the photo of them, that her mother clicked. But the caption made her blood boil 'the snake got loose' with a smirk emoji. People will take it the other way. When is Roman ever going to learn?

She put on her earpiece and tried to sleep but she couldn't shake the image of the man off. She barely got four hours of sleep as she yawned and entered the kitchen, Susan was already dressed up and ready to leave.

"Morning mom," she wished.

"Good morning honey," her mother zipped the bag. "I'll be home by dinner."

Chantel nodded as she stretched her arms. Her mother gave her a quick peck on the cheek and walked out of the door.

Chantel had the overnight oats for breakfast and checked her social, almost everyone had posted about the dance. Ashley Valentine's story caught her attention, it was a selfie of her and Tyler seated inside a car. Was Tyler with her last night?

She dived into Tyler's social but he hadn't posted anything about the night before. She checked the time, she had to get ready for school asap. She quickly took a shower and wore a denim on denim outfit. Gia had informed she'd pick her up because she wanted to give her the halwa, her mother had made for lunch.

Chantel could smell the deliciousness even with the lid closed. "Thank you," she thanked Gia as she slipped the tiffin box inside her bag.

"My pleasure," the girl smiled as she drummed her fingers on the wheels, to the tune of 'Jai ho' by A.R Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls.

Chantel had learned about many different kinds of Indian artist and their beautiful songs from Gia. She had even watched a handful of Bollywood movies from their place as Aditi, Gia's mother was a big fan of the superstar Shah Rukh Khan.

"Anyway," Gia asked. "What happened with you and Tyler last night?"

"Nothing." Chantel responded.

"Mmm," she said. "This morning on my run, I saw him and Ashley leaving the motel together."

Chantel turned to her a bit surprised, she wasn't expecting that but okay. Guess, she should thank Roman Godfrey or she might have made a decision she'd be regretting by now.

"I thought you should know," Gia mentioned.

"Thanks," she thanked her. "Talking about boys," she said, "what's up with you?"

"The guy from Cali." Gia said. "He's flying over to NY over the weekends, will see how it goes from there."

Over the summers Gia had been talking to a guy name Zayn from San Jose California. Chantel had seen his photos and he was darn hot, with tattoos.

"Good for you," A little smirk appeared on Chantel's face.

"Let's hope my mom doesn't find out and kill me." Gia let out a chuckle.