What goes around comes around

"Macaroons right?" Chantel said as she adjusted her planet pearl necklace. The necklace was really complimenting her plain white strapless tank top.

Gia nodded applying her mascara, "yes sweetie."

Chantel needed to grab a jewellery her mother had ordered at Luke's Country Store. It was Aditi Rai birthday and Susan wanted to give her best friend a set of earrings. The store was an establishment of Lukes Country Club owned by the Luke family. The store was multi functional: selling varieties of goods from magazines, accessories, clothings etc and it had its own mini cafe as well.

Chantel ordered an assorted box of macaroons for Gia and went to use the washroom. When she came out, she saw Roman and Shelley at the jewellery counter. Both of them were unaware of her presence.

Roman was openly flirting with Jenny Fredericks. Jenny was a senior; one among the waitresses at the Country Club, her face was sweet and she had brown hair and brown eyes. "Missed you at the club the other night." Roman told Jenny.

"Well, your psycho mother got me fired." Jenny walked towards Roman arms crossed.

"She's a farm fresh cunt." Roman said easily. He'd always called his mother names, but it was rude to say it out loud in public.

 He'd always called his mother names, but it was rude to say it out loud in public

"You're bad." Jenny said flirtatiously.

Roman's reply was a slow wink.

Jenny smirked and bite her lips. Chantel had learned to read between the lines by now. Olivia Godfrey had fired Jenny from the club because she found out that Roman and Jenny had fucked. When will Roman stop being such a womaniser? But she knew exactly who he was, from their very first meeting didn't she?

Right after the night Chantel had met Roman at Pennsylmania, she couldn't stop running into him. The very next day, when she was headed to the nursery: a shiny, classic cherry red 1957 Jaguar XK 150 was parked at the corner. Peachy, she thought but a haunting profile caught her eyes, it was him—Roman Godfrey and a girl was bouncing on his lap, tits out. How can someone fuck so carelessly on board daylight? She couldn't remember for how long she'd been staring, until the girl walked out of the car counting a handful of cash, her steps wobbly.

She snapped out of her thoughts but Roman's sharp gaze caught hers. Fuck! She cursed as she walked inside the nursery her face heating up miserably. As she was clicking pictures of the plants displayed to send it to her mother. The distinctive smell of spicy and woody oud wood caught her senses.

"Sweetheart," Roman appeared sucking his thumb. "You like what you saw?"

"I...I wasn't watching you, I was just staring at the car." She said ignoring, the devilishly handsome playboy next to her.