The Twins Effect

Chantel was at home with Susan as the curfew was on full swing but her heart was pounding out of her chest, thinking about Roman and Peter who were out there, hunting for the vargulf. She was flooded with feelings that she couldn't share, because no one would understand. She was terrified. She almost lost Roman once, and now he's risking himself again. She want to reach inside him and rip this miserable obsession from his heart. But there's nothing she can do than she can stop the night from falling.

Roman had assured her that both him and Peter would be safe and they had to do this before anyone else gets hurt by the vargulf. She understood the situation and dreads them as well. Why them? Why should Peter Rumancek be a werewolf, why should Roman Godfrey be whatever he was? There were billions of other people in the world, so why them? Life was so unfair.

"At a time like this, the only thing there is to stay together." Her mother said as she stood by Chantel's bedroom door. "We're home, you're safe. We have so much to be thankful for."

Chantel nodded as she put her phone down.

"I'm going to make your favourite spaghetti carbonara," she looked at her daughter. "And maybe we can watch a movie."

Chantel rose up, "I'll give you a hand."

Her mother smiled, "that'll be great honey."

The night of the full moon Chantel slept with Susan because her mother didn't want her to be on her own. Chantel had been skipping meals and barely sleeping for the past two weeks that her body had given up on her and she'd gone into a deep slumber after dinner. When she got up the next morning she was surprised to see that she'd slept for ten long hours. She'd called Roman immediately.

When she heard his voice on the line, a sob nearly tore out. He'd told her that he was safe and so was Peter and they were at the manor. Chantel was filled with gratitude. But with that came another unthinkable tragedy Alexa and Alyssa Sworn, the Sheriff's daughters were mauled to death tragically at the comfort of their own home—when their father was checking the premises.

The Sworn twins were bitches but they didn't deserve to die, in fact, no one deserves to die the way they did. Chantel couldn't remember the last time they'd even shared a single word without getting into a brawl, it's crazy how short life is and it made her realise these petty little fights doesn't matter at the end of the day.

The whole town was riled up and now every finger was pointing at Peter Rumancek as the killings started only after he and his mother moved into town. No one can prove that Peter was a werewolf or a killer but they didn't need to prove it, they just wanted to punish someone for the deaths of the four young girls: Brooke Bluebell, Lisa Willoughby, Alexa and Alyssa Sworn.

Susan was very upset that even after last night tragedies Chantel wasn't going to stay home and instead head to the Godfrey's. She had a heated argument with her mother before she got into Roman's car. Her mother would never understand the bond that she shared with Roman and Susan didn't even want to understand, for her Roman would always be a thorn in Chantel's life.

'You are the reason' by Calum Scott was playing on the radio. Roman lighted a cigarette.

"You still doing that?" She turned to him.

"I'm still me," he inhaled deeply.

Chantel let out a chuckle, she just missed him the past two weeks so damn much that—she was thankful he was besides her alive and breathing, even though he stank of cigarette smoke.