Play Date

They returned to the chapel and handed Peter the paper bag that Destiny had passed. There were candles, chalks, dried herbs, crystals and all sorts of things Chantel couldn't recognise. Peter lighted the candles, picked up a white chalk and began to sketch some weird symbols on the ground. Roman had found himself a high chair and was petting Casper who was resting on his lap. While Chantel texted Letha and forwarded her photos of what the actual hell was going on.

"How do you know your cousin's not talking a lot of bullshit?" Asked Roman skeptically as Peter lighted another candle. "She said I can't be part of this."

"Trust me. If I could switch places with you..." Peter looked up at him. "I would."

Casper was happily purring on Roman's lap

Casper was happily purring on Roman's lap. Chantel walked towards them, "aww, you should totally get a cat, a dog or something."

"What about a baby?" He smirked.

"With the help of Dr Pryce, you can." She told him, "that man loves to play god don't he?"

Roman narrowed his eyes, "I'm not talking about lab grown babies."

Chantel sniffed the air. "What's that smell?"

"It's beeswax." Replied Peter.

She asked curiously. "Is that important, the kind of candle it is?"

"Well, the way it was explained to me is that it's the sum of all the parts." Peter explained as he arranged the stuffs. "You can bake a cake without sugar, but it won't taste as sweet."

"Hmm," mumbled Chantel.

Peter snapped his fingers at Roman, asking for the pouch. "Now?" Roman asked.

"Yeah," nodded Peter.

Roman tossed him the pouch, Peter caught it and whispered something indistinctly as he started doing some gestures with a hand while holding his locket on the other. Roman rose up and moved towards Chantel, still cradling the cat.

"You think this will work?" He asked quietly.

Chantel crossed her arms, "I don't know but it looks interesting."

Peter offered his hand.

Roman asked, "what?"

"Take it." Replied Peter.

Roman looked at him, "your hand?"

Peter nodded.

"You take it," Chantel told Roman as he nodded, put Casper down and took Peter's hand. Peter slowly rose up, one hand holding Roman's and the other the locket, he spoke in Romani keeping his eyes closed as they made a round around the circle. What the actual hell is she witnessing, should she take a video? Probably not.