After

Roman Godfrey's accident spread like wildfire, being a Godfrey had it pros and cons as well

Roman Godfrey's accident spread like wildfire, being a Godfrey had it pros and cons as well. Chantel didn't know how to feel about it—because if she was in Roman's shoes, she wouldn't want the entire town to know about her misfortunes. But that's the price you pay to be a Godfrey.

Zach had dropped by Chantel's place to say his goodbyes before he left for Pittsburg. He'd embraced her and she wanted to breakdown because Zach wasn't him. She fucking hated him for making her feel the way she did.

Ever since Roman's coma, Chantel and Shelley had been exchanging text messages to and fro as the fifteen year old kept updating Chantel about her brother's condition. Chantel did visit him regularly after school; she'd talk to him about her day, fill him in with the stuffs that's going in and around Hemlock Grove or play music. 'Running up that hill' by Kate Bush has become their jam.

If I only could,
I'd make a deal with God,
And I'd get him to swap our places.

She'd without a second thought, swap places with Roman. Because ever since he was gone, she'd tried everything. She drank, smoke, drove 100 on the freeway. Anything to suppress the ache.

That evening at the manor when Susan had brought her change of clothes, she went to Roman's room to take a shower and change into fresh clothes but she'd broken down. She found herself smoking one of his foul cigarettes, Chantel had tried smoking before and it wasn't her thing—she didn't like the smell nor the taste of it.

But maybe, she missed Roman so damn much that she lighted one of his cigarettes just to feel something. That night when she went back home, she fiddled with the pack of cigarette she'd lifted from Roman's room as she scrolled through their photos and videos from her laptop.

Suddenly, she was crying. It was already love.

🏴🏴🏴

🏴🏴🏴

"Honey, we're here." Susan pulled up in front of the building. Hemlock Acres, the main rehabilitation Center of the property. The property was huge and had buildings spread out across the area but the three story concrete building was the main attraction. Like every major thing in town, Hemlock Acres falls under the Godfrey name and Dr Norman Godfrey was the spine behind the rehabilitation Center.