Burning Red

Casper slept peacefully on Chantel's lap as they headed back to the manor. Peter had adopted the cat after he'd been abandoned by it's previous owner, a year ago. Whenever Chantel visited the trailer, she'd always pet the furry cat. She loves animals but she never got a chance to keep one, since her whole life she'd been in boarding school. She thought of adopting a puppy from a shelter after moving back to Hemlock Grove but Susan wasn't on the same page as her as always, but it was still something Chantel wanted to do.

A patrol car was parked outside the manor. Something didn't feel right. Why were the cops here?

Roman pulled up and said. "Stay in the car."

"I'm coming with you," Chantel put Casper down and got out of the car before he could even argue.

The main double doors of the manor was wide open as they walked in.

"Go! Get the hell out of here!" They heard a man yelling at Shelley.

From a distance they could see Shelley's frightened silhouette, Roman and Chantel jogged towards her. In the main sitting area, pregnant Letha and shirtless Peter who was bleeding from his lips were both on their knees. A lean cop was pointing a gun on Peter Rumancek.

Shelley was panicking tears streaming down her cheek, Roman wiped her tears. "It's okay, Shell."

"Ho. Ho. Ho." The chubby cop mocked.

"Roman, you're awake..." Letha gasped, a hand cradling her round belly.

The lean cop pointed his gun at Roman. "Stay back!"

"Rome..." Chantel gasped.

Peter nodded at Roman. Chantel prayed that Roman would be able to act quickly before the cops blow his brains out.

"You have a gun pointed at the back of your head. Do not, repeat, turn around!" The chubby cop warned pointing his gun at Roman's back.

Letha sniffed. "Roman, be careful."

Chantel reached for Shelley's arm, they were both trembling. Peter was making all sorts of eye movements with Roman. Roman gave him a tight nod and turned towards the chubby cop, "put the gun in your mouth." He commanded.

The lean cop called Roman, "come back here!"

The chubby cop helplessly against his will put the gun into his mouth, trembling.

"What the fuck you doing?" The lean cop yelled at his fellow mate.

"Un cuff him," Roman commanded the lean cop.

The man spat. "Screw you!"

"If he's still handcuffed by the time I count to three, pull the trigger." Roman ordered the chubby cop. The chubby cop looked as helpless as ever. "One. Two!" Roman counted.

"Ok! Ok!" The lean cop un cuffed Peter hurriedly, "just calm down, buddy."

The chubby cop was hyperventilating. Chantel felt so not sorry for him.

As soon as Peter was un cuffed, he crawled towards Letha and wrapped his arms around her.

"What the fuck, man?" The lean cop pointed his gun back at Roman.

Chantel's heart skipped a terrifying beat.

"Come here." Roman called staring into his eyes, the lean cop walked towards Roman still pointing the gun at him, then, unwillingly he put the gun back into his holster. "Get in your car and take the 79 to the West Virginia state line. When you get there..." Roman pointed at the chubby cop, "you can take the gun out of your mouth." Then he turned his attention back to the lean cop, "and you...will punch yourself in the face hard enough to break your nose."