Chapter Nine.

THE GIRLS now leave the library together as Robin opens her supercomm, "Dustin, do you copy?" She asked into it. "Yeah, I copy." Dustin replied back to him. "So, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye." Robin tells the boy.

"Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now." Dustin replied back. "Wait. What are you doing?" Robin asked as she and Allison walk together to the passenger side of the car. "Breaking and entering into achool to retrieve some confeidential and extremely personal files." Dustin replied back and Allison looks at her as Robin's face scrunched up.

"Can you repeat that?" Robin asked. "Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything." Dustin said and Allison looks over at Nancy. "I thought they were talking to Ms. Kelley." She says and Allison sighs. "We leave them alone for two hours." Robin says, rolling her eyes as she closes the radio and the three girls all got into the vehicle.

The three girls now arrive to the high school, all of them running inside together. Once they got to the others, Max showed them to a hallway, talking about a grandfather clock. "It was here. Right here." The redhead tells them. "A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked. "It was so real." The girl whispered.

"And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up." Max explains. "It was like she was in a trance or something." Dustin says and Allison looks at him. "Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." She crossed her arms and Dustin nods. "That's not even the bad part." Max said when she turns to face them.

In Ms. Kelley's office, the five are around the desk, looking at Max. "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they were both having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping." Max says as Allison raised the paper, reading the information written down about Chrissy as Steve read it over her shoulder, standing by her.

"They'd wake up in a cold sweat. And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended." She says and Allison looks up from the paper in her hands.

"Vecna's curse." Robin says, looking up at Max. "Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days." Max says as Allison sets down the paper. "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow." Max says.

At all of this information, Allison's heart felt heavy, she didn't know Max or any of them that well, but Max is only 15. She has her whole life ahead of her, she doesn't deserve any of this. A loud clank in the distance makes them all flinch, turning around. "Stay here." Allison and Steve say at the same time making Allison look at him. "I'm a black belt in karate, I'll lead the way, Harrington." She whispers to the boy.

Steves grabs a lamp as Allison walks first, her hands up. "Why are you a black belt in karate?" Steve whispers as they walk side by side. "I'm a college student living in a shitty neighborhood in New York, Harrington." Allison whispered and then someone came running so Allison tackled them. "It's me! It's me!" Lucas shouted, groaning when he realized Allison's knee against his chest. "Lucas?" Nancy exclaimed.

"Oh, shit! Sorry, dude!" Allison quickly stood up and pulled Lucas up like he weighed nothing. "Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?" Steve exclaimed since they were all yelling in fright. "I'm sorry! Sorry, guys." Lucas said and Allison brushed his arm. "No, I'm sorry." She says and Lucas looks at her. "Who are you?" He asked and she grinned widely.

"Allison Godfrey!" She says and he nods. "I was, I was just biking for eight miles." He says and Allison now takes notice of how out of breath he is. "Shit, and I also knocked the wind out of you, I'm so sorry." Allison says and Lucas just shakes his head, holding up a finger.

"Give me one sec. Shit."

He looks at the others, "we've got a code red." He tells them. "What?" Steve says and Lucas walks over to Dustin. "Dustin. I've been with Jason, Patrick and Andy, and they've gone, like, totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is." Lucas says and Allison walks over right away, concerned at the mention of Eddie. "You're in terrible danger." He added.

"Alright. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now." Dustin looks over at Max who Lucas now stared at, looking concerned as Allison glanced from Lucas to Max then back and forth.

The next day, Nancy comes up with an idea about seeing Victor Creel with Robin and Allison. They rush down into the basement where the others were. "Okay, so..." Nancy looks at the girls to her right. "We have a plan."

"Thanks to Nancy's newspaper minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame. Which is so cool, because Allison is studying psychology, did you guys know that?" Robin pointed her thumb at the girl standing by her as she sat on a stool and Allison nods, smiling at them.

"I'm now Ruth." Nancy says. "And I'm Rose." Robin says and Allison raised her hand. "And I'm Haley." She says and Steve looks at Nancy. "Ruth?" He asked and Nancy tilts her head, smiling. "Nice GPA." Dustin looks at Nancy who smiles at him. "Thanks." She says before looking around at the others.

"So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics--" "to which they said no." Robin looks at Steve. "But we landed a three o'clock with the director." Nancy then told them. "Now we all have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor." Allison says, shrugging.

"And then maybe we can rid Max of this curse." Nancy looks at Max who's sitting at the desk, writing. "Yeah, about that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and uh... we got some questions." Steve sighed. "Lots of questions." Lucas says, looking at Nancy.

"So do we. Hopefully Victor has the answers." Nancy says to them. "Wait, wait, wait a second, uh... where's mine?" He held up the folder in his hand and Nancy looks up at him.

authors note
academic scholars, nancy, robin & allison 🫶 anyways it's not written but allison totally goes to see if eddie's ok while nancy and robin are working on their files for the director of pennhurst asylum with the newspaper kids, especially after the scare with lucas i was just too lazy to write it down tbh lmao
+ btw i have a tiktok acc and post some oc edits on there <3 check it out id you want!! @/kyrieswriting.wp