Chapter Eighteen.

ALLISON STILL had her cheek against Eddie's shoulder as she watched Nancy stare at the compass in her hand and Steve doing the same, leaning a bit too close so Allison glanced between them with furrowed brows and slightly squinted eyes at the pair. Clearly Steve noticed her stare because he suddenly leaned away and looked all around them.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, slow down. Slow down, guys." Nancy says so Robin and Eddie did so before turning to face them. Between them, in Nancy's extended out hand, the compass needle was flicking all around. "Oh shit." Allison says, raising her brows.

"Guys, what's going on?" Dustin asked through the radio so Robin rushed to grab it. "Come on, guys, talk to me. What's going?" The boy asked and Robin raised the radio. "Uh, Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital ahh!" Robin merely says into the supercomm as Allison glanced at her. Not long after, Steve started taking off his shoes, along with his socks, one after the other like a weirdo. "Steve, what are you doing?" Nancy asked, looking to the boy at her side.

"Somebody's gotta go down there and check this thing out." He explains and Allison nods. "Right... why is that?" She asked and he looks at her. "You wanna go? Can any of you three top being a Hawkins High swim co-captain and a certified lifeguard for three years, then..." He says and Allison raised her brows. "Impressive, Harrington." She sighs.

"It's gotta be me. No complaints, alright?" Steve now says, looking at Nancy as Allison glanced between them again. He then stood up, "hey, I'm not complaining. I do not wanna go down there." Eddie digs into his pockets.

He fishes out a plastic bag he empties, a lighter and a pack of cigarettes landing making Allison grimace slightly. The Godfrey then glanced when Steve took off his sweatshirt, face getting warm as she felt weird even looking. She then glanced at Nancy, noticing her also staring making her furrow her brows.

She then turns her attention to Eddie once again who wraps up a flashlight in the plastic bag with the cigarette box in his mouth. "Hey," he says to the other male, glancing up and down, "good luck." He then says when they make eye contact. "Thanks." Steve says after taking the flashlight from his hands.

Eddie puts a cigarette into his mouth, about to light it when Robin took it. "Gross." She said and tossed it into the water making Eddie look at her, baffled by her actions. "Steve?" Nancy suddenly says before the man can dive so he turns to her, she just smiles. "Be careful." She says and Allison rolls her eyes. "No, I say let yourself die down there, don't listen to Wheeler." She says, voice dripping with sarcasm as Steve looks over at her.

"Gee, thanks, Al, I think you'll miss me least of all." He says and she just blows him a kiss. "You'll be fine, you're a lifeguard, right?" She said and he rolls his eyes before diving in. As they're waiting, Allison felt anxious all of the sudden, she didn't mean what she said to Steve so she'd feel bad if something happened, even if she didn't really know him all that well or at all. It was a harmless joke.

"Where are we at, Wheeler?" Robin asked her friend who was looking at her watch on her wrist. "Closing in on a minute." The girl glanced over at them, staring at Allison for a while who kind of felt like it was more of a... glare. "Okay." Robin says quietly so for a way of comfort, Allison grabs her hand gently. The younger girl just let out a soft sigh in return.

After what felt like forever, Steve got up to the surface making them all scream in fright. "I found it." Steve says, swimming closer. "You found it?" Nancy asked right away. "I found it. Yeah. I found it." Steve says, panting slightly as Robin gently squeezed Allison's hand that was still in hers, raising the radio.

"Dustin, you are a goddamn Einstein. Steve found the gate, you were right!" Robin laughed quietly. "It was pretty wild. It was more of a snack-size gate than the mama gate, but still, it's pretty damn big." Steve says before he is pulled underwater, making him yell. The girls rush to the side as Steve came back up, looking behimd him, at the water then up at Robin. They all scream when he's pulled underwater again, "Steve!" Nancy shouts.

"Steve!" They all started shouting over one another, freaking out. "Nancy, really, what happened?" Robin exclaimed at the girl who's just sitting there, staring at the water as Eddie shouted out, "Jesus!" He yelled as Allison grabs Nancy's arm, "what's the plan!" She exclaimed and the Wheeler got up suddenly.

"You're not going in there, are you?" Eddie stops her and Nancy glanced to them. "Just wait, here!" She said and jumped in as Robin yells for her. But it's too late, she's underwater so Allison sighs, slowly standing up. "What the fuck?!" She shouted and Robin sighed, sitting on the edge of the boat. "What do you think you're doing?" Allison pointed a finger at her the same way a mom would scold their child.

"No, no, no, no, no, no. What are you doing? She said wait." Eddie says, also in disagreement to Robin going into the water as Robin glanced between them. "Yeah, I heard her." The Buckley says. "She's in charge." The Munson exclaims, pointing to the water where Nancy had dived in. "Are you kidding me? I made that shit up." She then jumps in as the Godfrey groans. "Robin!" She stomps her foot.

"Goddamn it! Lying son of a bitch!" Eddie screams, throwing down the oar in the boat and Allison looks at him. "Done with your tantrum?" She asked and he sighed, getting up. "This is so stupid!" He says and she sighs, holding out her hand towards the taller. "I know." She says and Eddie smacks his hand into hers, interlocking their fingers.

Then they dive in.

authors note might rush this fic the same way i did with dirty harry just to get over it and also work on my other fics like the lucas one that's coming soon and the fezco one :)