Chapter Thirteen.

THE GROUP were now at the Wheeler's home, Allison finally got to take off those dreadful clothes and put her piercing back on, and too worried about what had happened to Max, and taking watches over her with the others, she hasn't even thought of Eddie.

But then the radio kept going off, which woke her up, so she got up, grabbing the supercomm. "Earth to Dustin." She presses the button. "Hey, it's Al." She says, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Allie! Hey." Eddie says right away and she smiles faintly. "Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery. Like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world." He says and Allison shakes her head quickly.

"No. Don't do that, please, Ed." She sighs, rubbing the inside of her eyes. "Just stay where you are and we'll be there as soon as we can." She tells him and he sighs, raising the radio. "I also really wanna see your pretty face again." He says and she rolled her eyes.

"What else do you want?" She asked and he grins widely. "A six-pack." He says and she sighs. "I know it's stupid as shit drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." He says and she rolls her eyes as she looks around to see Max is gone.

"Yeah, sure thing, love you, be safe. I'll call you back!" She said and turned off the radio before rushing over to Dustin. "Wait, did you ju-- Al? Allie?" He says but no response as she shook the boy. "Henderson!" She says. "Wake up!" She smacks his arm gently and he looks up at him. "What?" He says as Nancy had begun to wake up as well, looking over.

"Aren't you supposed to be on Max watch?"

"Yep, yep, yep. Sorry." He says, rubbing his eyes as Nancy looks at the couch. "Then where is she?" She asked before Allison could. "She's right there." Dustin points to the couch. "A second ago." He says right away when he saw that the couch was empty.

"I swear I just dozed off for..." he looks at his watch before looking up at Allison. "An hour." He tells her and she quickly got up, Nancy heading upstairs right away so they follow. In the kitchen, they spot Max sitting at the dining table. "Good morning, guys." Nancy's attractive mom greeted them and Allison looks over as they all let out sighs of relief. "Everything okay?" Karen asked the three as she walks over, holding a plate with pancakes on top of it.

"Yeah. Yeah. Everything's okay."

Max looks over and Allison smiles at her. "I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this." Karen smiles at them and Allison looks away, smiling faintly. "Could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Ted Wheeler says, looking up at them. "You know you're welcome here anytime." Karen says to Dustin then she looked at Allison.

"You too." She smiles sweetly and Allison smiles back. "Totally. You're like family." Dustin walks, pointing to the pancakes. "May I?" He asked and Karen nods. "Absolutely." She hands a plate then looked at Allison. "You?" She asked and Allison nods right away, smiling wider. "Yeah, why not? Take us for all we're worth." Ted says and Dustin looks at him, smiling.

"Okay." He says as Allison puts two pancakes onto her plate but Dustin kept going and Ted watched him. "Dustin..." She whispers and he just grabs another one before stopping. "Maybe you infiltrated his mind." Dustin said as he and Allison join them at the table. "He invaded your mind, right? Is it that big of a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his?" Dustin asked as Allison looks at the little blonde girl next to her that's staring at her blankly.

"You're pretty." Holly said and Allison smiles. "Thanks, so are you." She looked away right when Dustin mentioned Freddy Krueger. "Freddy Krueger?" Holly Wheeler spoke up again. "He's a super burned-up dude with razors for fingers. And he kills you in your dreams." Allison says, nodding. "Allison. Seriously?" Nancy scolded her right away and Allison points her fork at the girl. "Sorry, is she too little? I started horror movies when I was eight." She said then looked over at Holly.

"Sorry. It's just a movie. It's make believe." He says then looked at the others. "Just think about it. What if you somehow unlocked a backdoor to Vecna's world?" Dustin went back to the topic as Allison stuffs pancakes doused in maple syrup into her mouth. "Like, maybe the answer we're looking for is somewhere in this incredibly vague drawing." Dustin says.

"God, we need Will." Dustin says and Max looks at him. "No shit." She says and Allison looks at them. "Will? Who's Will?" She asked. "Our friend in Lenora. I tried them again this morning, and it's the same busy signal." Max tells her and Allison sighs. "Is this a window?" Nancy says when she takes the paper from Dustin. "Yeah." Max nodded.

"Stained glass with roses." Nancy asked and Max nods. "Yeah. See? I'm not so terrible after all." She tells Dustin who just shrugs, begging to differ. "Yeah, well, it helps that I've seen it before." Nancy said before she started folding the papers, organizing them around and then piecing them all together, revealing a house. She grabs a sharpie to draw the outlines. "It's pieces of a house." Max explains.

"Not just any house." Nancy puts down the stained glass with the roses. "The Creel house?" Allison says and Nancy got up. "Where are you going?" Dustin asked with a mouthful of food. "Waking the others." She says.

"Sorry. Fuel for the road. Thanks, Mr. Wheeler!"

After waking up Robin, Steve and Lucas, the group of adults and young teens headed out and drove all the way to the Creel house where they parked the car and all got out, slowly walking up the tiny steps at the front. "Yeah, that's not creepy." Steve says aloud.

authors note the group: split into pairs of 2
nancy: robin, allison, come with me 🫶
+ i'm updating the next chapter, for a double update, so vol 1 of pt 1 will be done and i can focus on my other fics until vol 2

also sorry for being nearly an hour late to updating, i just woke up not long ago and i'm still trying to wake myself up. but hey i doordashed some coffee and a burrito!!