Chapter Twenty.

AND THEN there they were, in the Upside Down, Nancy had picked up the oar from a nearby boat, so Allison picked up the other and Robin found Steve's flashlight that was wrapped in the plastic bag. "Over there." Eddie pointed so they ran in that direction, Steve is on the ground, held down by bats and some were savagely biting at his stomach.

Nancy leading the way. She smacks one of the bats away and Steve looks up. "Hey there." She says before smacking another away as Allison tries to swat the third one away from Steve's stomach. "Robin," Nancy says as Robin stepped on the bat that had its tail wrapped around Steve's neck, hitting at it with the flashlight as Nancy tries to kill it.

"Kill it! Kill it!" Eddie shouted as Allison turns to him. "Ed, chill out." She says and Eddie's eyes widen. "Allie," he spun her around to a bat flying their way so she swung the oar as hard as she could, sending the bat flying. Eddie held onto her the whole time, backing away and turning her towards where the bats would come flying. "I'm not your human shield." Allison said as she kept on hitting the bats from her and Eddie anyway.

"No, but you're my hero!" Eddie briefly squeezed his arms around Allison who pushed him away gently, smacking a bat onto the ground that she stepped on and stabbed with the oar. She looked over to the others, Robin and Nancy struggling to get a bat off Nancy's back as Steve was biting into the bat's tail that was around his neck. Allison's jaw drops.

Steve kept hold of the bat that's trying to fly away as Allison just watched Steve slowly get up and then swing the bat back and forth onto the ground, at that point she couldn't give two rats asses about Nancy or Robin, but, like, thankfully the two had gotten the bat off her back and killed it, well Nancy killed it.

Steve now steps on the bat on the ground and split it into half. Allison and Eddie were both just standing there, watching as blood drips down the Harrington's mouth, looking towards them as he had felt eyes on him.

Allison raised her brows and rushed over, "are you okay?" She asked, grabbing Steve's shoulder and looking at his waist. "Well, they took about half a pound of flesh, but other than that, I'm great." Steve looks up at Allison who just chuckles, glancing up at him. She just smiled faintly then glanced behind him to see Nancy looking their way, but then look down and over at Robin quickly.

She furrows her brows, "do you think they had rabies?" She suddenly asked Steve who's face scrunched up. "Rabies?" He says and Robin spoke up. "Not to interrupt or anything, but rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should probably get you to a doctor, like, really soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late, you're already, like, dead." She rambles quickly.

"Rob--" Allison stopped herself when more of those bats screeched in the distance, a whole swarm. Robin panicked and rushed over to Steve's side, standing behind him and Allison as Nancy stood on the other side of Steve and Eddie came to stand by Allison, grabbing her arm gently. The swarm of bats land near them, hovering over the gate like guards.

"Alright, there's not that many." Steve says. "We can take 'em, right?" He added as another big group of the bats screech in the distance, flying towards them. "Totally, Harrington..." Allison nods, again, speaking with a sarcastic tone. "The woods. Come on." Nancy told them and they started running. "Great. More running." Robin sighed but complied, following after the others towards the edge of the Upside Down Lovers' Lake, into the woods.

They ran and ran until they ended up back at Skull Rock, hiding under the Upside Down version of it, in a line together, Robin, Allison, Eddie, Nancy and Steve. They watched as the bats flew over them, passing by and losing the group of five who all sigh softly, in a sort of relief. "Okay, that was close." Robin says and Allison huffs softly as they all slowly stood up. "Yeah. Too close." Eddie added.