Chapter Twelve.

THE DOOR at the end of the hall opens, "is he everything you hoped he would be?" Dr. Hatch called out to them, walking in with two other guards. "I just had a very interesting conversation with Professor Brantley. Perhaps we should discuss in my office while we wait for the police." The man says.

The girls listen as they walk with the man and guards, "you're not listening. Our friend is in danger." Nancy says as they walk behind Dr. Hatch. "Do you really expect me to believe anything you have to say at this point?" The man asked and Allison scoffs.

"It's the truth!" She says, backing up Nancy. "You are free to tell your sob story to the police." The man says and Allison rolls her eyes as the guard pushed Robin. "Move along." He tells her and Allison looks over. "Don't touch me!" Robin says and Allison grabs Robin's arm. "Let her go!" She says fiercely, pulling Robin closer. They exit the building and Allison sighs.

"Come on," Robin pulls Allison along with her over to Nancy. "Victor said the night of the attack, everything went on in the house, but he made specific mention of music. He said music was playing." Robin tells the two and Allison nods. "Yeah. And he was humming when Nancy asked him about the angel." She pointed at Nancy and Robin looked at her.

Robin nods as she and Allison now hum the song. "Dream a Little Dream of Me." Nancy looks at them. "Yeah. Ella Fitzgerald." Robin looks at her. "The voice of an angel." Nancy whispers and Robin looked away. "Yeah."

"Hatch said that music can reach parts of the brain that words can't. So maybe that's the key, a lifeline." Robin looks at her. "A lifeline back to reality." Nancy looks back at her. "It's worth a shot." Robin says and Allison nudged her. "You are a genius, Buckley." She says then looked over at Nancy. "What's the plan?" She asked and Nancy looks back at the guards. "I think we can beat them." She tells them.

"What?" Robin says. "To the car." Nancy whispers to her. "Okay. I'm warning you right now, I have terrible coordination. Like it took me six months longer to walk than all the other babies." Robin tells her. "Just follow my lead." Allison grabs Robin's hand. "Oh, my God!" The Buckley exclaims loudly.

"Hey! Get the hell back here!" The man yelled at the girls running, Nancy holding her heels as Robin and Allison's flew off. "Cinderella, you dropped your shoe!" One of the patients shout and Allison giggled, jumping down and Nancy and Robin follow behind.

Once they reach the front of the building, the guards were beginning to catch up but the girls are faster as Allison hops into the backseat and Robin and Nancy in the front. "Ah!" Robin shouts when the guard got to Nancy's side so she quickly locked all the doors.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go!"

"Stop! Get out of the car!" The guard shouts as Nancy starts the vehicle before driving off and Robin looks back. "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" She exclaimed and Allison laughs, leaning her head onto the back Nancy's seat.

"You really are a weird runner." Nancy says and Allison laughs more as the radio goes off. "Robin, where the hell are you? This is a code read. I repeat, a code red!" Dustin's voice came from the supercomm which Allison quickly grabs, handing it over to Robin who opens it up. "Dustin, it's Robin. We copy." She says.

"Holy shit. Finally! Please, please tell me you guys have this figured out." He says as Robin looks up at Nancy. "Play her favourite song for her!" She says and Dustin questions it of course. "Just trust me, Dustin!"

authors note after i finish volume one of part one, i'll just wait for volume 2 before continuing onto the rest of the episodes
+ i'm gonna be travelling today so i'm updating 5 hours earlier bc i'm leaving in 2 hours lol. but yeah!! here's an early update :)