Ch. 25 ~ Alex

Ch. 25

Alex

~~~~UNEDITED~~~~

          I showed up to school in a limo, making everyone stare at me, when that wasn’t what I wanted for once.

          Amanda walked up to me, feeling the same way I did, alone. She wasn’t going to talk to Lucas and I wasn’t going to talk to Mason. I had been embarrassed enough.

          “Are you alright?” Amanda asked.

          “Fine,” I said, forcing myself to smile and look like nothing was wrong.

          We hung out in the courtyard, waiting for the first period bell to ring. Many people had already gone inside, so it was pretty much empty out here.

          “Looks like someone wants to talk to you,” Amanda said, looking at my face. “I’ll give you guys a minute.”

          When Mason got closer, I said, “I’m really s-” but she was cut off by Mason gently grabbing the back of my head and kissing me.

          “Alex, I have to go.” He said, turning and walking away.

          “No,” I said, running up to him. “Why?”

          “You know why. Your dad doesn’t want you with me. I have caused enough problems.”

          “Mason, I-I-” I said stuttering.

          “It’s not that I want to do this! Your father called me! What choice do I have Alex?”

          “I’m not going to make you stay with me if you don’t want to.” Alex said, her voice quavering.

          “It’s not that and you know it.” Mason was equally as hurt as I was. “I want your father’s approval. I’m not going anywhere you know.”

          Mason saw how upset I was, so he pulled me into a hug. “I want you to give your father time. I will still be here for you.” I smiled. He was being so sweet.

...

          After that day at school, I hauled myself up in my room. Crying was out of the question. There was nothing I could do. I just sat up there, doing absolutely nothing.

          This lasted for three days until my father finally came home. I couldn’t have cared less that he was home. It wasn’t like he was an actual father to me or anything.

          “Alex?” My father asked as he knocked on the door to my bedroom.

          “Come in,”

          “Are you ok? I got a call from the chauffer that you weren’t acting like yourself lately.”

          “And did you honestly expect me to?” What was he thinking? That he could just control my life and I would be ok with it?

          “It’s what’s best for you.”

          “How would you know what is best for me? You don’t even know me!” It was the truth. My father spent about as much time with me as Natalie.

          “You have to look at this from my perspective.”

          “What about my perspective dad? I’m seventeen years old! When are you going to accept that?” Yes, it seemed harsh and I felt bad for saying it, but it was the truth. “And do you expect that by keeping us apart that that is going to change my feelings for him?”

          “I just don’t want to see my baby girl get hurt. You mother got hurt you know. She was with a man that beat her. She tried to leave, but he threatened to kill her, and she knew that he would. I saved her from that. I don’t want that to ever happen to you.” His voice was filled with emotion, and I didn’t know what to say.

          “I know I’ve been a bit too harsh on you,” he said, giving me my phone back.

          “Does this mean…?” I asked, hoping that it meant that I was ungrounded.

          “That you are ungrounded, yes. I want you to have Mason over for dinner tonight.” He said, and turned and walked out. I was excited. I got to have my party, and Mason was hopefully going to home over for dinner. Whether that was a good thing or not, I wasn’t sure.