Ch. 26 ~ Mason

Ch. 26

Mason

          ~~~~UNEDITED~~~~

          It had been three days since I had talked to Alex. There was nothing that I could do about it.

          “Hey,” Sean said, catching me by surprise. “Where’s lover girl?”

          I rolled my eyes, not answering him. It was my first day that I actually had to walk home by myself.  

          “Need a ride?” Sean asked me.

          “I’m good.” I replied, and let out a sigh of relief when I saw him walking over to his car.

          “Dump the bitch already?” Natalie said. I hadn’t even known that she was standing behind me.

          “Jealous?” I asked, even though I knew the answer.

          “Hell no, I just feel bad for her. She gets my sloppy seconds.” Natalie said, licking her lips and walking away. She knew just how to get to me.

          My phone started to ring and looked at the screen. It was Alex calling me. I answered it, against my better judgment.

          “Alex?”

          “I have good news,” she said and I could just see the smile on her face.

          “What is it?”

          “Why don’t you come over and find out,” her voice was so seductive that I couldn’t resist.

          “If I even so much as walk on the sidewalk in front of your house, your dad will probably gun me down.” I joked.

          “Just trust me. I want you to come over.”

          “Ok,” I said and hung up the phone.

           I walked into my house, put my bag down, and changed my clothes. I had to wear something nice.

          I walked over there and walked onto the porch skeptically. I hardly even knocked on the door when Alex, opened it. Man she was beautiful. Her father came up behind her, so I extended my hand out to him and he shook it.

          They invited me into their home, which was absolutely beautiful. Alex stayed behind as her father showed us to the dining room.

          “You look beautiful.” I said, looking at her. I didn’t know what to do. Should I put my arm around her?

          “It’s ok,” Alex said and she grabbed my arm and put it around her waist. I pulled her closer to me.

          We walked into her kitchen and multiple plates of food were covering the table. Everything looked delicious.  

          Alex’s father sat at the head of the table, Alex and I sitting to his right and left. I really wanted to make the right impression.

          We served ourselves and the dinner table was rather quiet until Alex’s father spoke up. “So, tell us a little bit about yourself, Mason.”

          I smiled politely, but I didn’t know what to say. “I come from a family of three and I am the middle child. I live just down the block.”

          “Any interests?” Alex’s father asked.

          “I play football.”

          “Are you any good?”

          I shrugged my shoulders. “Oh of course you are!” Alex cut in.

          “What position do you play?”

          “Quarterback, sir,” I answered.

          “Ah, when I was a boy-” He started, but was cut off by Alex.

          “Dad, please stop.” Alex interjected. She clearly didn’t want to hear this story again.

          “It looks like I we will have to talk some other time.” Alex’s father said, winking at me.

          The rest of dinner went by well. Nothing was uncomfortable and conversation was good.

          When dinner ended, Alex started to clean up, and I went to help her. As I stood up, Alex’s father grabbed my shoulder. “Would you accompany me on a walk?”

          I nodded my head and followed him out the back door and onto the patio. Who knows what he was going to talk about.

          “Mason,” he started, and I could feel that he was lost for words. “I feel as though we started off on the wrong foot. I am very protective over my daughter and seeing her date is just hard for me. I feel really horribly about what I have done. I’m really sorry what I did to you and my daughter. I’m going to give you two a minute.” He said when he saw Alex looking out at the two of us through the sliding door.

          “Thank you, sir.”

          “Please, call me Michael.” I shook hands with him and walked into the house to see Alex.

          “How did it go?” She asked me. She was sitting on the edge of the table, her legs crossed over one another.

          I didn’t say another word but only smiled. “I have to get going,”

          “I’ll show you out.” Alex said and I grabbed her hand, squeezing it gently.

          We walked out to the porch. “You never did answer me.”

          “Is this an answer?” I leaned in to kiss her. It was quick and gentle and satisfied Alex.

          “I’ll pick you up for school tomorrow?” I asked, as I started to walk down the front porch steps.

          “I’ll be ready.” Alex said smiling. She walked into the house and I smiled a sigh of relief. Things were just starting to work out for the first time in a long while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry for not updating in a while! I have been super busy! I will do my best to update but anywho hope you like the chapter! AWESOMEST comment (yes that is my word!) = dedication next chapter