Chapter 31

"You better hope my phone still has a charge. I turned it off when I realized I wasn't leaving your ship, but it's been over a month." Sky grumbled at Joon while waiting to see if her phone would power on. "Yay," she cheered when it did.

"CAMERON?" Scott yelled on the other end of the line.

"Damn, Scotty, you trying to bust my ear drum? What's up with all these missing persons flyers?"

"Where the fuck have you been? You've been missing for over a month, Cameron, a fucking month."

Sky pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed in exasperation, "I had just graduated college you asshat, don't you think I deserve a damn vacation?"

Scott snorted, "you don't have any friends and I know you wouldn't go anywhere alone, you have severe social anxiety about places you don't know. So answer me again, where the fuck were you?"

Fuck, Scott was a little too observant for his own good; she looked at Joon and smirked. "Would you believe me if I told you that I found an absolute hottie? He's 6'2, has dark brown hair, and has the cutest dimples I've ever seen."

"You ran off for a month because of some dick? Seriously Cameron, no cock on the planet is worth running away for a month without at least letting me know that you are, you know, alive."

"Too bad these dicks aren't from our planet," she mumbled. "I'm sorry to worry you. I just got back into town, and I saw the flyers. As you can hear, I'm alive and well. I also got a job, I start next week so I have to get all my stuff packed up and then start making my way there."

"I have your stuff. When they declared you missing, I didn't want them to throw everything out, so I packed what was left. There isn't much, just a few boxes. Can we meet up? I can give you your stuff and meet this man of yours. Make sure he's worthy of you."

She looked Joon up and down; his clothes were a tad strange, but they could play that off. It was his eyes that would be a dead giveaway; no one on Earth has pink eyes. "Yeah, meet at my spot in 20?"

"I am not carrying that many boxes up a million stairs."

"You could just leave them downstairs, dumbass. Otherwise, I'd have to carry them back down. What did you expect me to do, fly away from the roof?"

Scott chuckled, "Meet me at our spot. I'm hungry anyway." Then he hung up, leaving no room for argument.

Shit, this was bad. Can they even eat human food? "Umm, Joon, serious question. If we went to a restaurant to eat, would you be able to eat our food? We have to chew our food; it's not like your soft food."

"We see no need for chewing; we use our mouths to pleasure our mates. If we used our teeth for chewing, they'd be sharper and it could hurt our mate."

Sky rolled her eyes, "Well, my teeth didn't seem to hurt Yoongi at all, so answer my question: could you eat our food?"

He shrugged, "there's only one way to find out." Then he frowned a bit, "how am I supposed to act around you in front of him?"

"Like I'm your mate. If we had just spent a month together, we'd act like mates according to how humans act. Do you think you can handle that?"

Joon smiled, his dimples so deep Sky wanted to poke them with her finger. "I can, but first here." He dug in his pocket and handed her his crest.

"Oh, another one! These things are like Pokemons, and I keep collecting them all. If I went back to your planet, would I be able to get even more?"

He growled a bit at the thought of someone else giving her their desmond, "No, and you've made it clear that you don't want to go back there. So the most you'll ever get is seven."

She shrugged, which made Joon want to tell her just how much these coins meant to them, but he didn't. It wasn't the right time and not to sound like a coward, but he really didn't want to be the one that had to tell her. Sure, he'd be there as support. But to be the one that actually says the words, nope, not happening. Let one of the dominant ones do that. He may be their leader, but that's because he scored the highest on the entrance exam.

They went to the restaurant, and the Scotty guy was already there. He stood up, ran over to Sky, and wrapped his arms around her, swinging her around in a circle. "I missed you so much. Do you know how many games of beer pong I've lost since you went on your stupid vacation?"

"Scotty," she grumbled, "put me down."

Joon did his best not to growl and lash out at the human.

"Sorry, but I'm serious. I lost so many games."

"School is over, you idiot. We both graduated; you should have graduated last year, but no. You drank too much and skipped too many classes."

Scotty smirked, "well you tend to drink a lot when you suck at beer pong, what can I say?" He grabbed her hand, "Come on, let's eat." He didn't even look at Joon or acknowledge him in any way.

Sky sighed, "Scotty, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend; this is Joon."

The man frowned as he looked up at Joon. "I don't like him. He has weird contacts. Like, what dude wants pink eyes?" he muttered.

"Well you don't have to, I like him and his eyes so that's the only opinion that matters."

That made Joon smile, yeah you can suck it as Sky says. You don't have to like me because the feeling is mutual. But he didn't say that out loud, no, of course not. Outloud, he extended his hand, "I've heard lots about you," there, that was nice. Go Joon!