1: Dream

VESPER

"Welcome, Duke Frontera. I'd never even dream about this day, when the world most renowned Swordmaster would step foot inside the Magic Tower, a magician's sacred land. It makes me wonder what made you come here? Hohoho!"

"Yes, she's my daughter. She's the one I referred with my letter. When and where is the test going to take place?"

"V, remember what I told you, even if you don't have talent for magic, I'm always be by your side. So do whatever it is that your heart desires."

"Lady Vesper, please follow me."

"I'm sorry, it seems like the crystal ball is broken."

I heard the snicker of the magician behind me.

When I woke up, my head is spinning and throbbing. Napahawak ako sa ulo ko at napapikit, hoping for the pain to ease.

Makalipas ang ilang sandali ay gumanda ang pakiramdam ko at nawala ang sakit ng ulo ko.

Bumukas ang pinto at pumasok ang isang babae. I immediately recognize her dark red curly hair. Abby, my personal maid since I was young.

"You woke up first again, My Lady?" pumunta ito sa bintana at hinawi ang kurtina upang pumasok ang sikat ng araw. "Good morning, My Lady! How's your sleep?"

Abby give me a basin full of water to wash my face. The water wasn't that cold yet isn't that hot either. The temperature is perfect. I immediately wash my face after I answer her that I slept well.

Tinulungan din ako nitong mag-ayos ng sarili. Ilang sandali lang ay tapos na akong magbihis.

I seated in my usual seat, beside the window, Abby handed me my embroidery set and I started embroidering a scarf I've been working on since yesterday.

It wasn't that great, just a simple flower design.

While I was busy embroidering I fell deep in my thoughts thinking about the dream I had but couldn't even remember. Pakiramdam ko ay importante 'yon, parang isang alaalang nawala sa isip ko.

Magulo. Naguguluhan ako.

Or is it because I'm stress because I don't have anything to do aside from eating, sleeping, embroidering and breathing that's why I'm having dreams that I can't remember when I woke up.

Since I'm a noble lady born from one of the four Duke families in Lorence Kingdom, Frontera Dukedom, I lack nothing. I have multiple maidservants that does all the work for me. I get to eat every delicious food in the Empire.

And even dishes that only the Royal Family can have. I get to taste them all.

I have tremendous amount of wealth. I can buy anything and everything I want if I wishes to.

Many ladies envy the life I live and I've always been proud of living luxuriously. I sometimes even flaunt my family's riches to other nobles in every tea parties and balls I've attended. I was satisfied then.

However, I got bored with all the riches I have. I now realize how boring it is.

Having nothing else to do but eat, sleep and breath. I feel like I'm just wasting my life, rotting away in this beautiful, gigantic cage called mansion.