18: The Assassin

VESPER

"Then, meeting adjourn!" Wala na akong sinayang na oras at mabilis pa sa alas kwartong nilisan ang meeting room. Nobody knows how I was eager to leave that hell like place since the moment I stepped foot inside.

I almost tap my own shoulder for holding on that long and didn't run away.

I did it! I'm so glad I did it!

I heave a sigh of relief when I reach my room. My knees immediately lost all strength and collapse on the floor. Abby was surprised to see me like that and immediately come to my aid with a worried expression on her face. I flash a satisfied smile to her.

"I did it, Abby!" Masayang kwento ko rito.  "I managed to secure the head position for myself and didn't lose to those old geezers, haha! I'm so glad I made it!"

"Congratulations, My Lady! I'm happy for you!" Niyakap ako nito na agaran ko namang sinuklian.

Nagpatuloy ako sa pag-k-kwento kay Abby sa mga kaganapan sa meeting. When I announced that I will be the next heir, of course the others didn't just sit there and accepted what I said. They disagreed. Violently at that.

Hindi nila matanggap na ako ang ipapalit bilang susunod na tagapagmana gayung para sa kanila, ay isa lamang akong walang kwentang anak. The spoiled brat princess who doesn't have talent nor knowledgeable enough to lead the family. I was an idiot in their eyes. A talentless good for nothing idiot.

If it's just me, I couldn't fight back with them. That's why I'm extremely grateful for Alfonso who defended me back there. He presented father's will that stated, that whatever happens to him the rightful heir will be Kaido to inherit his position.

However, that didn't just end with that. It continue to state that if something happens to Kaido that leads him unable to fulfill his duty, Iklis will be the next in line. And if something happens to Iklis, I will be the next to inherit the position.

And thus, if such event occured where Kuya Kaido could no longer fulfill his position thus it leads to Kuya Iklis, however Kuya Iklis was still missing and if we went according to father's will, it is me who will be next in line. The next rightful successor.

Alfonso slapped the will to their faces and they have no choice but to accept me as the new heir.

"Good evening Lady Vesper, I will be guarding your room once again." Napangiti ako nang makita si Sir Jay labas ng silid ko. I once asked Alfonso to let him guard my room. At first I thought Alfonso will ask why but I'm glad he didn't. Because I can't tell him that I had a dream where I was assassinated.

I still get shivers whenever I think about that.

"Thank you for you hard work, Sir Jay. I'll be in your care once again."

"Not at all, My Lady. Please, let me know if you need anything. I'll be here outside your room."

"Now I feel assured that such talented knights are guarding me,"

I glance at the other knights patrolling not far from us. Alfonso didn't just send Jay to guard me, he send at least fifteen more knights.

I'm grateful to him. I feel less anxious now.

I should just scream if the assassins really come.