12: The Accident

VESPER

I can't believe it. No matter how I see it, what happened was not just some mere accident. No witnesses that can testify what really happened. All the escort knights was dead with a monster claw, either on their back or chest.

Based on the evidences, it was believe that they were attacked by monsters. But what kind of monster is it for all the knights to be killed? And Father is a Swordmaster! Additionally, even though they were not as great as father is, my brothers are both pretty strong.

Kaya hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit wala silang naging laban against some monsters? They were not just defeated, they were annihilated!

Hindi ako makapaniwala nang dumating sa pinangyarihan ng aksidente. Halos liparin na namin ang pagitan ng estate papunta dito ngunit inabot pa rin kami ng isang araw at kalahati. Wala pa kaming pahinga niyan.

We only changed our horses from time to time when we reached another city or town. Napapagod din naman ang mga kabayo at hindi nila kayang tumakbo ng walang pahinga. And in order not to delay our journey we needed to changed horses along the way.

The bodies of the dead knights was already taken care of. Father and Kuya Iklis was missing. It was speculated that they fell on the clift along with the carriage.

The only survivor found was Kuya Kaido. However, he was on the brink of death. If help arrived a little later, he might end up just like the others, a cold, dead corpse.

And the thought of that made me shiver in fear.

He's still in the emergency room and the doctor was still trying their best to save him for hours ever since before we arrived. Wala pa akong tulog at pagod na ang katawan ko sa walang tigil na byahe kanina ngunit hindi ko naman magawang magpahinga. Masyado akong nag-aalala sa kalagayan ni Kuya Kaido.

Gusto ko rin sanang samahan ang mga rescuers sa paghahanap kina papa at Kuya Iklis ngunit hindi ko naman ma-iwan-iwan si Kuya Kaido na nag-aagaw buhay.

Kung sana dalawa na lang ang katawan ko.

"My Lady, kumalma muna kayo." Inabutan ako ni Abby ng isang basong tubig at sinubukang patigilin sa paglalakad ng pabalik-balik sa harap niya.

Mababaliw ako kapag tumigil at umupo ako sa isang tabi. Hindi ako mapakali. Parang sinasakal ako sa leeg, hindi ako makahinga ng maayos.

Napabuntong hininga ako bago tinanggap ang tubig sa kanya. Inisang lagok ko ito at ibinalik sa kanya ang baso before returning to pacing back and forth. Abby only sigh in defeat at hinayaan na lamang ako.

Lalagnatin ata ako sa pag-aalala. Everything is just too sudden. I never saw this coming and I think it still didn't sink in to me. I'm scared and worried that I don't know what to do.

Baka panaginip lang 'to? Baka pag gising ko ay ayos pa rin ang lahat? This is just impossible. Father is a Swordmaster, how the hell can he be defeated just like that? Impossible! I refuse to accept this.

"Right. There's nothing to worry. Hindi totoong natalo sila papa ng kung anong halimaw lang diyan sa tabi-tabi." I tried to convince myself with that thought and lay my body to the bed to rest. Totally denying the reality.

Pansin ko ang pag-aalala sa mga mata ni Abby bago ako pumikit at natulog. Hindi ko ito pinansin habang kinukumimutan ako.

Please, just let this be a nightmare.