64: The Fall Of A Kingdom

VESPER

How do a Kingdom fall? Does it fell because of external enemies?

No, oftentimes, a Kingdom fell because of rebellion, because of internal conflict.

"Are you suggesting a coup d'etat?" Matapang at deritsahang tanong ko rito. Masyadong mabigat ang pinag-uusapan namin, kung may ibang makakarinig na hindi namin kakampi at ipapalam sa hari, hindi pa siguro sumisikat ang araw ay tinutugis na kami ng mga tauhan niya.

"Even if he's a little bit... Lacking in all aspect, he is still the King, your husband, and your father. Are you sure about your decision? A coup d'etat is a serious and heavy thing. I don't even think the people will accept your reign after you beheaded your own father and steal his throne."

"That's why, Saintess, you're here. You'll be a great front to get the people to our side, when everyone just basically loves you." Nalasahan ko sa dulo ng dila ko ang pagkasarkastiko ng sinabi nito.

"And here you thought everyone loves me, but look at you? I guess not everyone loves me."

The Queen chuckle but when Rence glance at her with a sharp glare she compose herself again.

Inilatag nilang dalawa ang mga plano nila. Ang dahilan kung bakit nakipagkasundo si Rence sa akin ng isang alyansa noon. And the reason why he let go of all the past grudges he had against me and decided to attend a meeting I've hosted through Ashley's recommendations.

Hearing their plans, goals and reasons, I can say that somehow, we have the same goals that we want to achieve. Aside that my main focus is the Caliber, Everett and the Blue Moon Organization. Meanwhile theirs are that King and the Magic Tower. Kasama rin sa plano nila ang pabagsakin ang Caliber at Everett, ngunit mas nag focus sila sa pagpapabagsak sa hari.

For them, as long as they can dispatch the King and take his position, it'll be easier to dispose the other noble families like Caliber and Everett that wasn't even rooted in the Lorence. Their founding ancestors were from foreign lands.

"A lot of things happened all over the Kingdom more than you know."

The Queen is right. While scanning all through the reports she handed me, I realized, I was a frog in a well. I know nothing of the real world. My knowledge about how the world works pales in comparison to the Queen's. It was even written here how dangerous Project Happiness that the Caliber are trying to achieve, as well as the Hellion.

She knows every little details about her kingdom. It both scares and amazes me at the same.

It scares me because, what if she'll become my enemy? She knows everything I do, what I did in a particular day, where I went to, what I ate and etc. Even my secrets...

And she amazes me because she's capable of such intricate, complicated and difficult stuff such as this.

"I have all the information you needed, I can provide you with it. The Caliber, Everett and even the Blue Moon Organization, they'll be easy peasy to infiltrate. However, I lack something that only you can provide. You already had an alliance with my son, right?"

"You mean, finances and military power?" Alam ko naman na 'yan ang tinutukoy ng reyna, ngunit gusto ko parin iklaro at marinig mula sa mga labi niya.